Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    thanks for this - if I ask OH to go to sainsbuys again today he will explode!

on my nectar page I've got bonus points for buying Whiskas creamy soup and its on GJ with £1.20 back - seems to be £3 according to mysupermarket

I did my first uploads over the weekend and it seems very straightforward.
    I bought the sparkling elderflower because it is on offer for £1.50 and I got 70p for that but I also wombled a nice receipt with spinach and salmon on :j
    So I've got £3.10 to draw down already

Blimey, soup .... for cats? Or cat food flavoured soup ...?
    _pale_

:D

Anon
  • SweetnSavvy
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    so £50K is the max but I imagine that there are people out there who invested in ISAs when they were big news many many years ago who only get 0.50% now so why not - might as well have some fun with your money :D

About 30 years ago I found £5 wet in a gutter when £5 was a significant amount so I bought a premium bond - never won anything. OH has won once

I ought to register online

I put the max in earlier in the year because the interest rates were so dire and I've won every month since. When I checked it earlier I was on target for 3% return. Of course it's a lottery and for every win over the average payout rate there will be someone under but I find it fun as well. I opted for cheques in the post for any wins but there are other payment options. I just like opening the envelopes and seeing what I've won :):). I try not to check at the start of the month but usually can't resist.

SnS
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Blimey, soup .... for cats? Or cat food flavoured soup ...?
    _pale_

:D

Anon

Yes soup for cats - you can imagine the stink :rotfl:

Actually Treacle cat who does not have many side teeth left after his dental op earlier this year is the most keen to eat.
    but it should be good for him to have liquid cat food to slurp up :D

I am given in and bought Aldi gravy sachets today so now they have 7 versions of cat food in assorted flavours to turn their noses up at

Felix jelly
    whiskas jelly
    Morrisons kitten food jelly
    Asda pate
    Sainsburys gravy cans
    Asda pate cans
    Aldi gravy sachets
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I put the max in earlier in the year because the interest rates were so dire and I've won every month since. When I checked it earlier I was on target for 3% return. Of course it's a lottery and for every win over the average payout rate there will be someone under but I find it fun as well. I opted for cheques in the post for any wins but there are other payment options. I just like opening the envelopes and seeing what I've won :):). I try not to check at the start of the month but usually can't resist.

SnS

Well done on your wins:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    I made a fool of myself in there today:o and ended up paying 65p for a paper:eek: i bought Viakal and hadnt confirmed on my picks so didnt want it:eek:
    Couldnt add it there and then as signal terrible in there:(
    its great wifi in waitrose.
    get the o2 app
    its simple to connect
    it works in loads of other outlets like in the harvester

ps not a requirement to be with o2. its for everyone
  • Anon
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    its great wifi in waitrose.
    get the o2 app
    its simple to connect
    it works in loads of other outlets like in the harvester

Just to add, you don't have to be an O2 customer to use it :cool:.

Anon
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 17 October 2016 at 6:36PM
    Options
    Just tried to register online with NS&I - I did OHs first, no problems and then I tried to register me and failed - apparently my DOB is not on the system so I cant register online and they cant add it over the phone either so I have to print the page off and send it by post - very antiquated.

What is the betting I get a letter back with a form to complete asking me the exact same questions as I've answered on the printed off page ....

deep sigh

But this is the rates page - the ISA and the bond are still 1% if anyone has savings that have dropped below the unacceptable level - you cant transfer in previous years ISAs though

http://www.nsandi.com/our-products
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Anon
    Options
    New on CS, Reese's pieces sharing pouch 297g, £1.50 cashback, T only but I cannot see them online for T (£2.50 in S).

HTH

Anon
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

SnS

get the P.B prize checker app
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family