Flea market ideas please

Options
There is a flea market in my area next month and its only £5 a stall which goes to charity, if you make alot they expect a bit more which is fair enough.
I have had a chat with the fellow organising it and he says I can sell cakes ,biscuits, sweets etc,all must be homemade which is fine.
It should be good as its in one of the shopping centres under cover and its the day the xmas lights get switched on its runs from 9.30am till 4.30pm
The thing is I need some ideas of what will sell,I will package it all up nicely and display it well,but I cannot afford to loose the money I invest in it so I want the best things that will sell.
Please could you give me some ideas as I think Kids stuff would sell best eg themed lollies decorated,what sort of stuff for adults?
Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Angela
    Angela Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    Options
    Just had another thought mini things seem to sell well,what about mini cup cakes,flapjack bites?
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    Options
    Mini chocolate brownies?
    Should I keep the packs to £1 per pack for cakes and sweets.
    Sell lollies seperately?
  • starla_2
    Options
    Hi There,
    How about seasonal stuff, e.g things for halloween such as chocolate bats or pumpkin biscuits and then after that xmas.

If you present your products as gifts they are probably much more likely to sell as its much easier to justify buying luxuries when its for someone else.

For adults how about old fashioned recipes that will bring back memories such as cinder toffee, fudge etc.

£1 a pack sounds great to me, but i imagine you could probably push it a little bit more towards £1.50, it still doesn't sound expensive. Make sure you aim at pocket money prices aswell as adults.

P.s where can i find more info about your flea market. I would be interested in getting a stall.
  • Cylindus
    Cylindus Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    I found an american website here the other day selling fab toffee apples covered in anything you could thing of.

I was going to have a go at making some for fun, they look delicious :D
  • teedy23
    teedy23 Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    What about fortune cookies ? you could even have "what I want for xmass " cookies his and hers style
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills