Asda Easter eggs

Asda somewhat overstocked on their Easter eggs this year. Most were removed soon after Easter but they still have good stocks on the shelves. Their eggs which used to be £2.50 originally, reduced to £1.50 are now £1 each. Bear in mind you tend to get two choc bars inside plus the egg, so if you take the view that if you bought a pack of four for £1 in the chocolate isle that the value of the egg is now 50p as the difference in the price, which is a very good deal for the quantity you get.

Bear in mind the chocolate is perfectly fine and good for about 2-3 months for "best-by" dates; it makes cheap chocolate for the coming weeks.

They won't keep them on the shelf for much longer, I wouldn't be surprised if the shelves are cleared of eggs in the coming days so buy sooner than later if you want any.

Bear in mind also their is little logic in keeping them in their large boxes as take up a lot of space, so why not just remove the choc bars and if you don't have the space to store a stack of loose eggs, break them up and store them flatter - you break them up anyway when about to eat the egg, right?

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I got them much cheaper at Sainsburys on Sunday! 30p-37p.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Nice!

(It all depends on the stores you visit and their size).

Almost all the eggs at Asda I go to have been removed from the shelves, however the ones I like, and have a shelf-life until nearly Easter next year (!) are the mini chocolate orange eggs - the orange Smarties. A 300g bag, which probably contains about 100 or so mini eggs was originally £2 a bag, then reduced to £1 and today they are 75p. That's quite a bargain, around 65% discount roughly.

They are nice not only as a treat to munch but also if you bash them a bit with a rolling pin you can get a nice orange/chocolate topping for deserts through the year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure