Start of self managing my DMP

Options
So after a while and not a few questions on here and reading everything I can get my hands on, I have decided to go self managed with my DMP!

Have been with StepChange for 3 and a bit years, but was having issues with repayment amount after a change in circumstances.

So using Nedcab DMP process,to get me started, everything followed and all letters sent today

Also sent off CCA requests to see what comes back and to get a solid figure of what’s owed.

Not certain how the creditors will react to the £1 offer after 3 years of higher payments with SC, but as that’s what I can afford, they will have to learn to like it!

Now just to wait for whatever comes back from them all...

Wish me good fortune😊

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Simonjp,

When negotiating yourself with non priority debts remember to be firm with your offer, as long as your offers are fair and you have done an accurate SOA, that is all you can do. If the creditors refuse the offer, then send the payment regardless and continue to write to them asking them to accept the offer and freeze interest and charges.

You are welcome to post your SOA here for more advice regarding options. Token payments are a valid solution, but if £1 per month is all you can afford long term, it is worth checking if any other option may be suitable as well (things like Debt Relief Orders or potentially bankruptcy, depending on the overall situation). Best of luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • Simonjp
    Options
    Just had a random thought that I may have not signed a couple of the CCA letters in the rush to send them off��

I guess they will get returned asking to be signed?
  • Just_Di
    Options
    Simonjp wrote: »
    I may have not signed a couple of the CCA letters in the rush to send them off��

I guess they will get returned asking to be signed?

Did you send the CCA Requests by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery so you will have Proof of Posting?

Some may return the Request because you didn't sign the letter but it's not a statutory requirement that you should.

It's also probably not worth arguing about, so if the Request is returned then re-send with your signature with a tweak if you're worried it may be lifted. Perhaps a line through it so it's recognisable but hard to copy :)

Di
  • Simonjp
    Simonjp Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Update time!

Have had a couple of replies to CCA requests, 1 returned an agreement which I’m looking over, seems to be as it should, 2 replies if we will check and get back to you, no reply to the others as yet!

Have had 3 response to my repayment offer 2 accepted by wescot, standing orders for £1 set up ready to go

Have had a reply from Intrum asking if/how I will maintain the £1 payment as my ins/outs shows I have a deficit, and wanting an update in 30 days or will assume it’s ok, haven’t provided their payment details yet

Should I just send the offer letter again, requesting their payment details?

Thanks for any replies
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Simonjp wrote: »
    Update time!

Have had a couple of replies to CCA requests, 1 returned an agreement which I’m looking over, seems to be as it should, 2 replies if we will check and get back to you, no reply to the others as yet!

Have had 3 response to my repayment offer 2 accepted by wescot, standing orders for £1 set up ready to go

Have had a reply from Intrum asking if/how I will maintain the £1 payment as my ins/outs shows I have a deficit, and wanting an update in 30 days or will assume it’s ok, haven’t provided their payment details yet

Should I just send the offer letter again, requesting their payment details?

Thanks for any replies

Just because CCA documentation looks to you to be okay, don't assume it is. I had what looked like fully compliant documentation sent back to me - even included a photocopy of the application slip with hubby's signature on it. However, after getting it checked out - it was definitely unenforceable.

Visit the All About Debt website and ask them to check your CCAs out.
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Simonjp
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks January I will do so. It’s a recent loan from ratesetter, so most likely will be ok but will check anyway����
  • Simonjp
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So had a couple more replies to self managed DMP offers

A few questions have arisen!

1 letter says that they are willing to accept but due to waiting for documents requested for section 77/78 request they are holding the account until they provide them

I believe that that’s is good?

Another says that my I&E shows below national average, but as it’s more than income they want to know where I will find the funds to pay them £1 and want more info?

Do I need to reply?
    If so what do I say/send?

Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills