Tesco half-price gifts

Options
Tesco has loads of half-price gift sets on offer. MSE Laura B got some photos on Sunday 3 Nov and there were plenty of health and beauty items on the shelves marked at 50% their normal price.

Tesco has run this offer at around this same time in past years. It might be a good time to sort some stocking fillers or full-size Christmas presents.

They seem to be available online as well as in store.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    it has to be said that most of these "bargains" are anything but, imho reducing something to half price that was originally over priced is no great bargain, the words "half price" "reduced" "sale" "50%off" have become meaningless in the English language.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 November 2019 at 5:34PM
    Options
    venison wrote: »
    it has to be said that most of these "bargains" are anything but, imho reducing something to half price that was originally over priced is no great bargain, the words "half price" "reduced" "sale" "50%off" have become meaningless in the English language.
    You mean they are half the twice the price they should have been :o

I do often smile at some of the reductions marketing "professionals" come up with. In my local store there was an 18 pack of crisps reduced to clear at a higher price than the offer right next to them for 2 x 12 packs !
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    venison wrote: »

Absolutely. And it's all this fake pricing by Tesco in particular that's driven people away to Aldi and Lidl, where they don't use this kind of deceitful marketing.

You simply can't trust Tesco pricing because of the way it's manipulated to make something look as if it's a bargain - even when it's not.
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    Options
    I went in to a Morrison's last week to check on their price of Kvarg and found the product on the shelf at £1 per pot, or a multibuy offer of 4 for £4!!

:rotfl:
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I went in to a Morrison's last week to check on their price of Kvarg and found the product on the shelf at £1 per pot, or a multibuy offer of 4 for £4!!

Could it be multibuy which cover few products which you can max and match?
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Cisco001 wrote: »
    Could it be multibuy which cover few products which you can max and match?

They are actually 4 for £3 - bought some a week or 2 ago - offer runs until next year I seem to remember
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport