Positive drug test - poppy seeds!!! beware!!

Options
13»

Comments

• RichardD1970
    Options
    What type of job is it that requires drug testing? I find this general creep towards employers sticking their nose into employee's private lives quite concerning. I can't really see the justification for drug testing unless perhaps you are doing a safety critical job like a pilot or surgeon, but even then without reasonable suspicion it hardly seems proportionate.

Also to add to the already posted lists, how about any factory job where machinery is used?

The company I work for drug test all candidates, not only for work heath and safety concerns but also, as we build cars, the safety of the customer doing 70 (ish;) ) down the motorway in their 2 tonne lump of metal.

I believe that we can be randomly drug/alcohol tested but have never known it happen.

It is even stricter for the agency forklift truck drivers, who, if they have even the most minor of incidents are immediately drug and alcohol tested and not allowed back on the trucks until they have had a driving re-test.
  • Wookey
    Wookey Posts: 812 Forumite
    Options
    Walter White is about to return in a new TV series called..............Breaking Bread
    Norn Iron Club member No 353
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is an 18 month old thread resurrected by a would-be spammer, any advice to the OP is likely to be well past it's sell by date.
  • TyreLever
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    This is an 18 month old thread resurrected by a would-be spammer, any advice to the OP is likely to be well past it's sell by date.

Yeah I know, but when googling for advice, old forum threads are typically the most useful results. Sometimes I can find an answer in a 5+ year old thread I stumbled across in a web search. Any contribution, even after a significant amount of time has the potential to be useful. If old threads were really that useless, why would websites bother keeping them? Some websites do lock them after a while of inactivity.
    Sometimes my advice may not be great, but I'm not perfect and I do try my best. Please take this into account.
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    I dont know what the OP is worried about...i inject at work.:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills