Oops I did it again, I played with my cards!

Options

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Have a lovely weekend :D
  • jelly_head
    jelly_head Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Gutted to hear about the speeding fine, but there is much worse things in life to worry about. Take it as a lesson learned and don't be to hard on yourself. Its good that the DH is supportive and understanding.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to hear the speed camera got you. :( We've had similar and it's so easy to do, especially where the limit changes then changes back.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you and DH enjoyed your date night Emmie :D

I had to laugh at you saying house things were your poison... with me its plants for the garden!!! I really enjoy seeing lovely colours in my garden :rotfl: DH of course thinks I've lost the plot!!

Have a lovely weekend xx
    Mummytogirls x

• emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to hear the speed camera got you. :( We've had similar and it's so easy to do, especially where the limit changes then changes back.

It's good to know I'm not the only one I felt such a fool :o
    jelly_head wrote: »
    Gutted to hear about the speeding fine, but there is much worse things in life to worry about. Take it as a lesson learned and don't be to hard on yourself. Its good that the DH is supportive and understanding.

You are right, I was on such a downer the night it happened, but had a word with myself and remembered how lucky I am in the great game of life :)
    I had to laugh at you saying house things were your poison... with me its plants for the garden!!! I really enjoy seeing lovely colours in my garden :rotfl: DH of course thinks I've lost the plot!!
    xx

I have been and brought some plants today, I tried really hard to be good but I couldn't resist and they have brightened up my border no end :T

Today was a success, I managed to fix the Guinea pig run/hutch and spent a grand total of £16 on wood, I am so proud of myself, I was covered in splinters but it looks fab, my DH was very impressed at me using the jigsaw and drill and things :rotfl:
    The builders have been and the patio is now finished and looks bloody lovely. My DH's bank account is now not looking to healthy but I think in the long run that is for the best, he had some inheritance last year and has kept it in his current account so it has just been frittered away really, he has made a couple of big purchases but mostly I think it has made him feel flush so he hasn't been watching the pennies. For the first time this weekend I heard him say to his friends on the phone that he was a bit skint so would prefer to have a bbq at our house rather than to go out. Hopefully he'll hop aboard the debt busting wagon a bit more enthusiastically now :D

I've had such a busy day today, I want to try and do 2 more loads of washing before I go to bed and then I'll just have bedding to do tomorrow. I plan on spending the day in the garden again tomorrow and finish tidying it. Today we have taken down and old wooden play area that my DH built about 10 years ago, I have put some plants in the border and some tomato plants, that were on a windowsill, out into some pots on my new patio, done a trip to the tip with rubbish and basically ran round like a headless chicken.
    Tomorrow I want to try and take down an old trampoline (we have 2 :o) and take it to the incinerator, mow the lawn, put all remaining rubbishy at the front of the house. We really need a skip but we have decided to try and do daily Tip runs this week to save some pennies. If we fill up the car every night my DH will go during the day. I also need to meal plan for the week and go food shopping.

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Emmie

Just read your diary through. I had my LBM moment last year when I realised I was spending more and more every month. So I created a budget and started paying things off, shopping more carefully, selling stuff on eBay and generally being more mindful of what I was spending.

12 months later I have no debt...BUT I'm in the process of a massive kitchen/hall refurb which sees my debt spiral now to about £12k. It's on 0% though and will be paid in 18/24 months (depending on how much I can over pay). I start paying for it at the end of July.

Loving your diary! Will subscribe!
  • emmie26
    Options
    louby40 wrote: »
    Hi Emmie

Just read your diary through. I had my LBM moment last year when I realised I was spending more and more every month. So I created a budget and started paying things off, shopping more carefully, selling stuff on eBay and generally being more mindful of what I was spending.

12 months later I have no debt...BUT I'm in the process of a massive kitchen/hall refurb which sees my debt spiral now to about £12k. It's on 0% though and will be paid in 18/24 months (depending on how much I can over pay). I start paying for it at the end of July.

Loving your diary! Will subscribe!

Welcome along :) our house has been the root of our debt but it makes its much better to build up debt on something that you can see and almost fool yourself is an investment :rotfl: than if it had just been frittered on nothing, which was the situation I was in seven years ago.

At least everytime you enter your home now it will look beautiful and welcoming and you'll be able to have some lovely parties in your lovely new kitchen, as the ikea ad says everyone loves the kitchen at parties and we have definitely found that. We have even installed a disco bulb into one end of the kitchen so we can have kitchen discos :rotfl: think of the money we have saved on nightclub entry :A

debt reduced by 32%
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you're enjoying the sun ;)
  • emmie26
    Options
    Hope you're enjoying the sun ;)

I am thank you, I have been out all day in the garden, hope you've got some sunshine too!

This morning I ventured to Asda which is not somewhere I normally go because there isn't one very close by but I'd looked on my supermarket and it was the cheapest place for the coffee that we like. I brought 6 tubs which cost £18 but we do love it. I've also been shopping for the rest of the weekly shop after I did a meal plan. The only problem is we only have £66.50 left of the £300 and £20 of it will go on a family pack from the butchers. Normally my DH gets paid on the 25th of the month but they have said they are changing it to the 1st from this month so our shopping bill had already got to last us a week longer and we are not doing well. This month was the first time I'd included toiletries at the start of the month and I think it was too much. Basically we have £15 a week to last us the final 3 weeks of the month :rotfl: I think that I'll have to have some simple meals. I'm also on a mystery dining panel and very rarely do any because it is such a lot of work afterwards, but I think we will have to, to help make the money go a bit further.

I've been on confused.com to see how much my speeding fine is likely to be because they have a calculator. If I was doing 55 or under it will be £293, I'm pretty sure I was, but if I was doing above 55 it is nearly £600 :eek: if it's the lower number I'll be able to just about manage, if it's the higher amount I'll have to put it on my credit card which will be gutting. Now it's just the waiting game for the next 2 weeks. :(

The rest of the garden has been tidied and it looks fab, the only problem is I start thinking, oooh I could do with some more plants, pots etc rather than just enjoying it as it is. I haven't had chance to strip the beds yet as I've been soooo busy but I'm off to do it now although I think there may be rain tomorrow so I may have missed my window to peg them out!

debt reduced by 32%
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening Louby,

Oh no to DH's pay having to stretch an extra week!! You can do this though!!

Fab news on you fixing the hutch xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family