PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Friday 11th May 2018

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning Holly and everyone who will be here later. Thank you for starting the thread.

We are meant to have another day of sunshine so the first load of washing is nearly finished, second load to go in shortly.

I will be back on the dreaded paperwork this morning and hopefully doing the Friday Tidy later. It is needed, I will never have a truly tidy house but I do like it to be cleanish.

Welcome Lindsey, this is a good friendly place to be.

Have a great day, everyone
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Dry here but not too promising. I did a load of washing when I got home from work and it all but dried in the evening breeze and sunshine. Another hour's work on the driveway - slowly does it!

I collected DS2 and his lovely GF from the airport last night, the exit from the motorway to the Erskine Bridge was closed - no warning, no diversion, it took an extra half an hour to get home. Not what you need at 10.30pm.

Anyway, enough moaning, it's Friday so an early finish for me, I'll get these peas planted on my way home.

Congrats to your DD JackieO.
    Have happy holidays Lamewolf and csarina.
    Enjoy your spa weekend Nelski.
    Hoping Mr MM is ok.

Have a good Friday, take care. XX
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone

hollyharvey - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Sun shining and a clear sky this morning, looking nice but air is much cooler.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was liver, bacon and sausage, mash, veg and gravy - was delish. Tonight menfolk may have chicken and bacon kievs,
    chips/jacket potato, beans/veg. I'm going to have a stir fry type dish with gyros.

Yesterday I was much more productive again, having a list on my phone seems to be a better way for me, as I check my list and tick off what I've done. I did target a hot spot that's been a mess for a while, not completely done as yet but looking much better. The ironing pile is a bit big, but that won't take me that long to do once I get back from shopping. Food shopping first thing, I need to go to the big orange diy store to buy some runner bean plants, then home to tackle the ironing pile. The electrician is visiting this afternoon sometime to price up a couple of jobs we need doing, I'll ask for it to be done as soon as he's able, so it'll be another job done.

As the weather has been so good, I've been pegging out a line of washing daily, so yesterday only had 2 x loads to do, and then decided I could get our bed linen done too, so did that but put fresh linen on from the airing cupboard as the other was dry but I wanted to put it in the airing cupboard just to air a bit more. I think there's enough for another load in the dirty wash basket so will get that going shortly, and then I'll do towels and the boys can strip their beds and I'll do theirs too.

I'm working tomorrow so I'll be getting as much done as possible but will stop around 2-3pm today and take it easy.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning hello.gif[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hollyharvey Your GP sounds fab, I'm glad he's sorting things out for you x[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I was cold yesterday, an hour after I'd got dressed I changed into my big jumper and furry slipper boots. Everyone else was wearing t-shirts so it obviously wasn't the weather – just me :D I don't want to be wearing all that today, it makes doing things difficult and I was quite lazy. I want to be productive today, especially as I have the house to myself til about 6pm.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The plaster in my craft room has been sorted, except for one little bit that was missed, so I now have flat walls. I can't start painting til it's dried out. Also, junk has been dumped in the room so now I have to sort it. Very miffed, but I don't do it, no-one else will. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I haven't had much work in this week so it's hardly worth getting things out to do what's there (still no desk *sobs* so paper trays and stationery stuff have to be moved to the kitchen table each time). But I'll get it done along with other little jobs that are annoying me, I want to get all these things out of the way today so I can throw myself back into my routine next week. Nothing went wrong this week, it just went wonky :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Cracking day here and set in for the weekend I think, shame I am working all weekend :( never mind hopefully it will go quickly.

Friday so takeaway and wine tonight not too much for me though, will certainly have at least one though !

Work has been busy these last few days so today will probably be the same.

Mrs Salad D thanks for the advice, everything we have sent has been by e-mail so we have copies of everything, I wish I was nearer to your France adventure I love rooting round things for sale xx

Have a good holiday LW and csarina.

Have good days all xx
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Sorry I haven't posted much this week, I am feeling quite rubbish and didn't want to bring the thread down especially as there are so many good things going on for some of you. Anyway, I thought I would just check in today.

It's my grandson's 7th birthday today and we are going to his house later on for a bbq. Hope it stays dry so we can sit in the garden. He is very much into Minecraft so I have bought him some hoodies and pj's in that style. I think I will be popular :).

Steve has the day off today so I have company and my lovely cmht lady is coming to see me this morning as well. I still haven't heard anything from PIP which is causing me to worry. I may get my cmht lady to give them a ring later and see what if anything is happening to my claim.

Don't have to cook tonight because of the bbq so will just enjoy someone else doing the work. I need to get Steve to empty the bathroom over the weekend too as the new bathroom fitters arrive on Monday morning. I am dreading it but it will be nice for the girls to have a nice bathroom to use as ours is out of the ark.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for all your good wishes. I thought I would be very sore today but don't feel too bad. I'm surprised I was as shaken up as I was, perhaps it's because I was by myself on an isolated track - I walked for an hour yesterday and only saw one other person.

dumpling, I'm sorry you've been feeling bad, hopefully the birthday celebrations will help.

DH has gone to work again so I've got another quiet day in store. I went through the bedding and towels yesterday to see what I've got because some friends of DD's are coming next weekend and it will be a (very) full house. They'll have to bring some towels with them. Today I'll give the bedrooms a clean, it shouldn't take too long because apart from ours they haven't been used since they were last cleaned thoroughly.
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,081 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all.It's fine here and seems quite mild - yesterday was definitely chilly.
    I'm just going to make an announcement - I've done all my ironing whoo hoo!!

Hope you holidaymakers enjoy your trips, and congrats to your daughter Jackie O.
    Hope you'll soon be feeling better Dumpling.
    Welcome Lindsay, you'll find that this is a very friendly thread.
    Your dog looks lovely, Judi

I'm dashing off this morning, so have a good day everyone.
    Take care folks.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Thanks for the thread Holly, hugs to all those in need.
    Sunny here and breezy, no washing t do today, I need to collect a prescription for CHS, not sure what else I will do.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning Everyone,

I had a lovely surprise night out for a early pre - birthday gift from my Dd and her Bf , we all went to see Michael McIntyre.

The four of us had a meal before going to the show, which was lovely too.

I also won some tickets too the 'This Morning Live' show. So my Dd and myself will be going to that next weekend.

Have a good day all x
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure