Job - Making up time when the office is closed

Options

Comments

• Embrace
    Options
    Another thread where a relatively new poster comes to this board seeking CAB advice and getting replies from well meaning ordinary MSErs who have no connection at all with the CAB. Sorry but I think this experiment is a shambles!

OP the CAB have committed to replying to questions on this board within 48 hours on working days. That means it could be the middle of next week before you get a reply. I suggest that you go over to the employment board for advice and information.

Dx

Thank you x

Bumping this up for a CAB representative.

I didnt want any 'you should be grateful you have a job' or opinions, I just wanted to speak to a CAB representative hence why I posted on this board rather than the other Jobs board.

Thanks to the other helpful people out there!
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    Another thread where a relatively new poster comes to this board seeking CAB advice and getting replies from well meaning ordinary MSErs who have no connection at all with the CAB. Sorry but I think this experiment is a shambles!

OP the CAB have committed to replying to questions on this board within 48 hours on working days. That means it could be the middle of next week before you get a reply. I suggest that you go over to the employment board for advice and information.

Dx

Quite agree, questions should be answered within 1/2 a day maximum.
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Options
    it is not reasonable, no, but would be worth the pain ????(speaking as a FTer who has had ten lunchbreaks all year max)

i think the two day rule for cab seems to work when you post on the relevant thread, although happy to be incorrect on that
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Embrace wrote: »
    That is what I thought... We already have an agreement put in place that we save 3 days to cover the Christmas period, and now they are moving the goalposts?

They have already said that we cannot take unpaid leave.

As stated, it's a very valid point.

We close the office on December 22nd and resume work on January 12th (as a lot of our staff, myself included, are from the USSR countries where Christmas is after new Year), but we organise working hours throughout December to accommodate for this, including 2x 100h weeks every 2 years for an international competition.

I don't think there's anything that says they can't, but also don't think there's anything that says they can.

CK
    💙💛 💔
  • paddedjohn
    paddedjohn Posts: 7,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It can be done but only as long as the lunch break isn't the OPs only break of the day. If it is the only break then stopping it would be unlawful.
    Be Alert..........Britain needs lerts.
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you x

Bumping this up for a CAB representative.

I didnt want any 'you should be grateful you have a job' or opinions, I just wanted to speak to a CAB representative hence why I posted on this board rather than the other Jobs board.

Thanks to the other helpful people out there!

Bumping this for OP, since this is the CAB Board.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 November 2012 at 8:14PM
    Options
    I just wanted to speak to a CAB representative hence why I posted on this board rather than the other Jobs board.
    then you should have followed the instructions on the welcome page that you had to click on to confirm you'd read them

job related posts - ie yours - go into the basic rights at work sticky thread at the top of the page where CAB people are supposed to provide the intial answer before anyone else can comment
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    00ec25 wrote: »
    then you should have followed the instructions on the welcome page that you had to click on to confirm you'd read them

job related posts - ie yours - go into the basic rights at work sticky thread at the top of the page where CAB people are supposed to provide the intial answer before anyone else can comment

That's all very well, but people (quite sensibly in my view) often start a new thread for their problem - after all, isn't that we are always telling people do do on the main MSE forums?

If they are supposed to post their problem on the sticky thread, it should not be beyond the techies to remove the 'start a new thread' tab. That would solve the problem.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Embrace
    Embrace Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    paddedjohn wrote: »
    It can be done but only as long as the lunch break isn't the OPs only break of the day. If it is the only break then stopping it would be unlawful.

I only get the lunchbreaks... No other breaks during the day.
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That's all very well, but people (quite sensibly in my view) often start a new thread for their problem - after all, isn't that we are always telling people do do on the main MSE forums?

If they are supposed to post their problem on the sticky thread, it should not be beyond the techies to remove the 'start a new thread' tab. That would solve the problem.
    I agree which is why both you and I have posted such sentiments on the please read before posting thread,

the whole premise of this board is fundamentally flawed as anyone can post, experts from other boards don't come here so answers can be poor quality, and posters such as Embrace are left confused and feeling let down at a lack of response
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure