PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 24 August 2019

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 24 August 2019 at 6:38AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Saturday 24 August 2019

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one, those who are poorly and those who are looking after a poorly person x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH and myself both up and enjoying first cuppas, he's watching catchup tv and I'm showered, dressed and enjoying my porridge whilst on here. I'm working this morning. DS1 still in his pit, DS2 settled and ok.

Sky is clear and sun now rising - it's quite warm already - we're forecast a hot one today.

Dinner last night was breaded chicken portions, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg, I had fishcakes and veg. Not sure what we will be eating tonight but have plenty in the fridge - so can decide later.

Yesterday I was reasonably productive, the garage is fixed, the engineer arrived and looked at the problem and said he had tools in his van and could fix it there and then - within 20 minutes he'd sorted it - to say we're pleased is an understatement! All appears to be working ok and it's much easier to use. Haven't had a bill yet though! Got the food shopping done a bit later than usual but SM was very quiet so all good. Will need to iron a work top for Tuesday - may do that this morning before I go so it's done.

Just going to have a chilled weekend and then back to work Tuesday but then have day off Wednesday then off until the following Monday.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning folks.

Apart from the shopping trip this morning, and taking stuff to the tip, o have nothing planned. Once DM's crossword friend is here I'll probably go out.

DM is eating furiously this week, such a turnaround since she saw herself naked in the mirror last week. Had to buy new scales the other day which now show her weight properly. Mine too :eek:

Thoughts to all those struggling. Happy Saturday to all.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. A scorcher for us too - 25 deg and all day sunshine. We go from one extreme to the other! The washing is ready and waiting to be pegged out when my legs get a bit more mobile.

I am supposed to be resuming the Friday Tidy this morning but I'm thinking it may get done in fits and starts throughout the day! Kitchen and bathroom first before the sun gets round on them and the dusting and vaccing later when the sun goes down again!

DD sent me a pic from the 'van last night of my new covers on the sun loungers. Even if I say it myself they look good! There were quite a few bits of fabric left over so she is going to set the girls on helping to make bunting to hang round the awning.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for all in need/want of them and, of course, our absent friends. Take care all and enjoy the sunshine! xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Well done on the seat covers TA.
    Hope your DM continues with eating well Gers.

I think it's going to be sunny today, there has been a slight shower but the bedding is in the WM and I'm hoping for the best. I put washing out when I got home yesterday and it was nearly dry 2 hours later.

I had a visit to the dentist yesterday, all good there but going to have one tooth straightened, should be fun! It took me 40 minutes to get there and the same back as the road from here to the town is closed so have to go the long way round and the traffic was horrid.

I was going to be painting at DDs this morning but she has a heavy cold and wasn't feeling too good yesterday, waiting to see what's happening there but there's plenty to be getting on with here once I've stopped drinking tea!

Have a good weekend. Take care. XX
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Its blooming hot here already just been out to my car to get something and its lovely already, I have a wash load on the go and will hang it out I also have some towels to go in after.

OH and I went out to the pub last night for a meal and a couple of drinks sitting out in the sunshine it was a lovely treat we both really enjoyed it.

Today we have to do the housework and then i am going to go shopping while OH walks the dog, then early evening we are off to my sisters who is having a party they are usually great fun her parties so I am looking forward to it.

First I need breakfast and Im thinking scrambled eggs on toast !

Have good days all xx

Camelot when is the baby due ? xx
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all! I have turned down an afternoon shopping and eating with friends, one , because i'm tired, two because we have a family bbq to go to this afternoon as well, so have rearranged for coffee tomorrow afternoon. Got washing to put on in a minute, it's very sunny, so it shouldnt take long to dry but for some reason, someone is already firing up a bbq, I can smell the charcoal burning, so may have to wait.
    Will phone the garage in a bit to sort out wing mirror, then water and feed greenhouse, pick some beans and relax in the shade in the garden and read some book.
    Hope everyone has a day or rest.
    Slowed down Saturday!
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morrning all
    We have sunshine too :j.
    Well my planned alone time in bed didn't occur as DGS couldn't sleep, was uncomfortable, too hot, Mr Fix It was snoring etc and arrived at my bedside clutching his pillow :rotfl:. He was asleep as soon as I could stop him talking :eek:
    He's still here til about 2pm and they are still making movies, this one is loosely based on King Arthur and the Round Table. Hanna and Barbera they're not..... more like Daffy Duck and Goofey :rotfl:.
    The WM is on with the bedding that didn't get done yesterday because of the weather. I also have another wash, towels and odds ready to go next.
    I have cleaned down the kitchen after Mr Fix It cooked breakfast ( he's so messy ), then emptied and refilled the DW.
    Hope everyone has a good Saturday.
    Take care and hugs to all
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Its got here already, curtains closed and fan on in the sitting room.

Was going to do the kitchen floor this morning, but feeling a bit rough, on a second lot of anti b's for a UTI.....its taking some getting rid of!!

Plan on spending the day sitting in the cool sitting room reading. DB will be watching Rugby I guess. Supper tonight is supposed to be pasta, may have to rethink that....may be egg mayo and salad.
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,928 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am having a day indoors. Himself has popped out for a few bits of shopping.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/325
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £51.35/£100 NSD - 76
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £312.42/£500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts