Concept 2 Rower

Options
Had an accident at the beginning of the year and now finding my regular go to cardio options hard.

Over the years I’ve read many positive things on rowers and their benefits on all round fitness. However I’ve spent a grand total of 1hour on one 20 years ago.

When I think of rowers I think of concept 2s. I’m toying with the idea of getting a Model D with the PM5 monitor either second hand (£500-£600 for a good nick one) or new (£850).

What’s people’s experience with these machines?
Looking to use it to improve cardio and help burn off fat when in a calorie deficit.

Comments

• Davy_Jones_II
    Options
    I have one, and they are absolutely brilliant for a home exercise machine; the same as used by top flight rowers.

Unless the used one be is in really excellent condition and recently serviced I’d buy the new one. They really aren’t nice if there’s any slack or slop in them.
  • billy2shots
    billy2shots Posts: 1,122 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I’m leaning towards new as the risk of buying a non cared for one appears to outweigh the potential saving.
  • RichardD1970
    Options
    We've got one and it is brilliant.

It is a large investment but well worth it if you are going to get the use out of it.

Very sturdy and showing no signs of wear after a few years.

Quick and easy to set up and takes up very little space when not in use (just be careful of fingers when maneuvering it to set up, the seat will roll and pinch if not careful ;) ).
  • parking_question_chap
    Options
    Concept 2 is the best rowing machine in my experience.
  • Davy_Jones_II
    Options
    To add to what I wrote above, I’d never, ever buy one that’s been used in a gym or rowing club, as they get a massive amount of abuse, but if you find one bought and hardly used from a private seller you may be OK.

After use don’t leave the handle in the clip, leave it all the way forward to avoid stretching the elastic cord.
  • Ash_Pole
    Ash_Pole Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting one of these. I've used them before in gyms and really like the overall workout you can get.

Problem is, I live in a flat (top floor).

It's a quiet block. Anyone know how much noise this would make? I don't want to annoy my downstairs neighbour.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure