PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Wondering what this recipe is called?

Options
I had it once and its so yummy. Its long pasta in a cheese and bacon type sauce. Im sure it begain with C. Anyway id so love to make it can anyone please tell me what they think its called and even a recipe?
Thansk in advance as usual. My recipe books really starting to grow now. So is my waist
Allie
2007 is my getting slim year
Total weight loss so far is 16llbs:T
Total to go 15 pounds:eek:
Not no more as im having a baby:D

Comments

• rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like Spagetti Carbonara (hope my spelling is right)
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spaghetti Carbonara?

Put your spaghetti on to cook, as normal.

Fry small pieces of bacon, a finely chopped onion & some chopped garlic.

Mix a pot of double cream with a raw egg & some grated parmesan cheese. Season well with lots of black pepper.

Pour the cream/egg/cheese mix into the pan with the bacon/onion. Stir well to avoid scrambled egg on the bottom of your pan. If it seems a bit thick add some of the starchy water that the spaghetti has cooked in til you get the right consistency. Some chopped parsley thrown in at the end is nice, but not essential.

Simple, quick & v tasty, but not so good for the old waistline. Great for using up leftover bacon & cream.

Edit: This is only my "made up" version. I'm sure the Italians have another way!
  • MrsB_2
    MrsB_2 Posts: 659 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like it to me too.

Good Old Delia...

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/r_0000001779.asp
    I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are – Milton Berle
  • nabowla
    nabowla Posts: 567 Forumite
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't substitute the parmesan for cheddar. I tried it last week as I had some bacon and cheddar left over from another recipe - the carbonara was a disaster! Stick to the recipe and you'll be fine.
  • LyndsM
    LyndsM Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Agree with the 'no cheddar'... but dairlylea (or own brand equivalent) is lovely in it!
    Especially if you are trying to make the (expensive) parmesan go further, and haven't got much cream (add a splash of milk instead)...
    Drool....

Lynds
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was going to say, I haven't tried this yet, but I think a tub of soft Philly cheese would work in this instead of the cream. I've never actually made it with cream! Just eggs and cheddar I'm afraid, but it's nothing like you get in a restaurant (but I don't like Parmesan).
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport