In the Forces? Cut up to 25% off a new car

Options
MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Some car dealers have special deals with manufacturers, meaning members of the UK’s armed forces can get up to 25% off a car’s list price. One dealer, http://www.acesales.co.uk/, does this. Its cars are supplied through the UK via UK main dealers and aren’t imports. They also often have full 3-year warranties. Often there’s a choice between purchasing them tax-free if you’re going to be posted overseas or tax-paid if you’re going to use them in the UK.

Is the deal that good?

No deal ever is, however it is definitely worth using for comparison purposes. Of course check out the competition before doing anything. Some good new car comparison services are
Insuresupermarket*, Drive the deal, Autofinders, carhound, micronet, broadspeed, kelkoo*, oneswoop, broker4cars, netcarco.co.uk, carsource, jamjar

*Affiliated link: Click via this link and a contribution is made to MoneySavingExpert.com, which helps it stay ad-free, sponsorship-free and free to use. This in no way impacts any editorial decisions (what I write), costs you anything or changes the product. For an identical link which doesn’t help the site go to www.insuresupermarket.com, www.kelkoo.co.uk. For more on how it works and the site’s non-profit driven ethical and financial policy read this.
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Will let my brother know about this one, he is thinking about taking his test (which the forces will pay for!!) and if he passes he will need a car :)
  • TMFTP
    TMFTP Posts: 195 Forumite
    Options
    BTW - I noticed they "sometimes apply discounts to ex-members" too....

I'll bookmark that for later.
  • mcwarre
    mcwarre Posts: 835 Forumite
    Options
    Link doesn't seem to work
    "Success is not to be measured by the position someone has reached in life, but the obstacles he has overcome while trying to succeed." Booker T. Washington

The Official "Why does everyone have 'Official member of....club'?" which tend to be stupid/irrelevant Society. Member No 1 (I am aware of the irony btw)
  • bengal66uk
    Options
    there are several tax free companies and ace cars are a subsidery of EMC in bournmouth.
    a big warning to all tax free buyers. SEARCH THE NET FIRST.
    often you can find a car cheaper on the net then get the company to do the tax free paperwork.
    The savings are not as good as they used to be but i know from experience that if you stick with one dealer year in year out then you will get ripped off eventually, so like everything else you buy... shop around first.:money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure