Unable to register to lgps online

Options
Have tried several times and still could not register incorrect details. My details are correct and have emailed cs about the issue and have been sent an activation code by post and still will not let me register. After three attempts will need to ask for another activation code. I do not know what seems to be the problem. I do not mind not accessing my account online but do not want to miss important info. Going to get in touch again a response takes at least five days for an answer.

Comments

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    cherry76 wrote: »
    Have tried several times and still could not register incorrect details. My details are correct and have emailed cs about the issue and have been sent an activation code by post and still will not let me register. After three attempts will need to ask for another activation code. I do not know what seems to be the problem. I do not mind not accessing my account online but do not want to miss important info. Going to get in touch again a response takes at least five days for an answer.

Possible that your details have been incorrectly input to your LGPS record, either because the information sent by your employer was wrong, or because someone had a spot of 'finger trouble'.

Just the 'wrong' suffix letter on your NI number or a one letter mis-spelling of your name will do it.

Can you ring your LGPS?
  • cherry76
    cherry76 Posts: 908 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks I am inputting the details as per statutory notification. Surname is it all in capital letters as per notification? I will ring LGPF next week, is it possible it can be sorted on their side by phone? I mean can they register me on the phone?
  • Silvertabby
    edited 10 November 2019 at 8:35AM
    Options
    Thanks I am inputting the details as per statutory notification. Surname is it all in capital letters as per notification? I will ring LGPF next week, is it possible it can be sorted on their side by phone? I mean can they register me on the phone?

Probably not, but they should be able to identify the problem - then issue you with a new activation code.

In the meantime, have you tried inputting your name with only the first letter in uppercase?
  • cherry76
    Options
    Probably not, but they should be able to identify the problem - then issue you with a new activation code.

In the meantime, have you tried inputting your name with only the first letter in uppercase?

Yes I have done it with capital as per statutory letter and also with first letter in uppercase. Thanks will get it sorted with the pension administrator.
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,388 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have you tried it on a different computer?
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • cherry76
    Options
    Another query if cannot register online will I get annual statement by post? I am asking as it says in the letter the communication will be online unless you tell us otherwise.? Thanks
  • ffacoffipawb
    Options
    I had a different problem accessing / registering to access my private sector details.

They had my christian name and surname interchanged.

Perhaps you could try that?
  • Silvertabby
    Options
    Another query if cannot register online will I get annual statement by post? I am asking as it says in the letter the communication will be online unless you tell us otherwise.? Thanks

No, you will have to specifically request paper statements. Hopefully, that won't be necessary if you can get your access sorted out.
  • Silvertabby
    Options
    I had a different problem accessing / registering to access my private sector details.

They had my christian name and surname interchanged.

Perhaps you could try that?

It could be anything, even just the difference of one key stroke.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure