Morrison More Breach - It's all the customer's fault!

Comments

• davea1_1
    davea1_1 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Please tell me someone has seen today’s article in The Telegraph & Argus (Bradford paper local to Morrisons Head Office)? Unfortunately, I can’t post a link to it as I’m not allowed due to the rules on here but if you go to thetanda website there’s a story of an employee fraud around Morrisons More points. You couldn’t make it up!
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    davea1_1 wrote: »
    Please tell me someone has seen today’s article in The Telegraph & Argus (Bradford paper local to Morrisons Head Office)? Unfortunately, I can’t post a link to it as I’m not allowed due to the rules on here but if you go to thetanda website there’s a story of an employee fraud around Morrisons More points. You couldn’t make it up!

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/17824900.morrisons-employee-loaded-millions-points-onto-bogus-loyalty-cards-42-000-fraud/
  • davea1_1
    davea1_1 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Thank you!
  • We had £75 of vouchers used, hundreds of miles away from us in Bolton, we had the what now seems like a standard email saying, our email was pwned, when we had already checked and it wasn't. How can they get away with this, no investigation by them, they could surely check CCTV at the relevant store and see how and what these vouchers were spent on, all presumably without a card, all they do is wash their hands and offer a new card and we are out of pocket.
  • Just logged into my account, and i've had £30 vouchers used in a store in Bolton and i live in Glasgow. Phoned Morrrisons they said they're looking into it. Advised me to change my password.
  • Hi Pamkelly1980, sorry to hear that, they will not refund ours, they say somebody managed to use the correct password to log into our account, so it is our fault. We are gutted, we saved them for months, we cannot change our password, as somebody has already changed the details and because we don't know what they were changed to we can't update, postcode etc. I suspect you will be fobbed off too, they will say the CEO's office is looking at it and they have decided not to refund them back. Appalling customer service, they really don't care.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just logged into my account, and i've had £30 vouchers used in a store in Bolton and i live in Glasgow. Phoned Morrrisons they said they're looking into it. Advised me to change my password.
    olive1820 wrote: »
    Hi Pamkelly1980, sorry to hear that, they will not refund ours, they say somebody managed to use the correct password to log into our account, so it is our fault. We are gutted, we saved them for months, we cannot change our password, as somebody has already changed the details and because we don't know what they were changed to we can't update, postcode etc. I suspect you will be fobbed off too, they will say the CEO's office is looking at it and they have decided not to refund them back. Appalling customer service, they really don't care.

Have you both checked the issue isn't your PC ?

Download any dodgy software ?

Clicked on a link in an email and download what was jn the email ?

Were your passwords easy to guess ?
  • Hi, we have checked everything we can think of, because we are so stunned. We had £90, we started to printed them at the start of the week and printed three and that looks like a signal to the thief to print the rest, looks so much like an inside job. We realise we have been stupid, so hopefully getting it out there and warning others will stop it happening to them, because Morrisons have just washed their hands of it !:mad:
  • We've recently had £25 worth stolen from us and received the same response. I have now contacted BBC watchdog, if there's anyone else I can contact let me know.... there is no way someone has 'guessed' my password it was totally unique to this app and contained upper and lower case letters plus multiple numbers. Definitely an inside job!! They need investigating.
  • This has just happened to my wife and I, 90,000 points saved for Christmas nad BOOM all gone. We are not happy about this, we need to get this to go viral as I believe that Morrisons have a Duty of Care to look after our points and not just try to sweep thiese incidences under the carpet with their "it's your fault, you were hacked" attitude. They gave my points away to someone without any checks that it was me they were giving them to! We are not happy and will make life as difficult as we can for them.

Why haven't they instituted 2 step verification like Banks, Google, Microsoft??? Are they IT illiterate or just not caring about their customers? They will lose customer confidence and goodwill by carrying on like this.

Has anyone had any good news about these issues? How did you fight them? Is their a pressure group formed for this?

Lets get this out there in the public domain and make people aware of this issue and force Morrisons to address it.

Mibian.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure