Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • macservice123
    • By macservice123 16th May 19, 3:38 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    macservice123
    Training as a mortgage advisor query
    • 16th May 19, 3:38 AM
    Training as a mortgage advisor query 16th May 19 at 3:38 AM
    I know this isn't what this section of the forum is for, but I'm hoping a mortgage advisor reads this and can answer a few questions, please.

I'm considering doing CeMap training with the intention of joining a network as a self-employed advisor and being supervised by the network while I gain competent advisor status. I believe there are a few networks that accept newly qualified advisors, please correct me if I'm wrong.

What I really want to know is how viable it is to be a part-time self-employed advisor and how much of my workload could be carried out outside normal 9-5 working hours?

Any advice on starting a career in this field would be greatly appreciated.
Page 1
    • _shel
    • By _shel 16th May 19, 4:10 AM
    • 1,991 Posts
    • 3,673 Thanks
    _shel
    • 16th May 19, 4:10 AM
    • 16th May 19, 4:10 AM
    Would've been better posting this in the employment and training section
    • MovingForwards
    • By MovingForwards 16th May 19, 4:49 AM
    • 1,237 Posts
    • 1,499 Thanks
    MovingForwards
    • 16th May 19, 4:49 AM
    • 16th May 19, 4:49 AM
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6001340&highlight=cemap

Oddly enough this exact same question was asked a few days ago.
    • Exodi
    • By Exodi 16th May 19, 11:43 AM
    • 748 Posts
    • 979 Thanks
    Exodi
    • 16th May 19, 11:43 AM
    • 16th May 19, 11:43 AM
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6001340&highlight=cemap

Oddly enough this exact same question was asked a few days ago.
    Originally posted by MovingForwards
    Coincidentally the same wording also. Me thinks he didn't get the answer he was looking for.
    Know what you don't
    • ACG
    • By ACG 16th May 19, 11:49 AM
    • 18,985 Posts
    • 10,569 Thanks
    ACG
    • 16th May 19, 11:49 AM
    • 16th May 19, 11:49 AM
    Coincidentally the same wording also. Me thinks he didn't get the answer he was looking for.
    Originally posted by Exodi
    I always thought the trick was to ask the same question in a different way in order to get the answer you want? Asking the same question the same way will be the same answer.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 16th May 19, 1:28 PM
    • 35,131 Posts
    • 19,148 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 16th May 19, 1:28 PM
    • 16th May 19, 1:28 PM
    Asking the same question the same way will be the same answer.
    Originally posted by ACG
    Oh rly?

Not when I ring a mortgage lender three times it isn't!

Boom boom!
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • LRmortgage
    • By LRmortgage 16th May 19, 6:26 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    LRmortgage
    • 16th May 19, 6:26 PM
    • 16th May 19, 6:26 PM
    Haha Kingstreet, I got 6 different answers from 3 different people at one lender today!
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 17th May 19, 7:09 AM
    • 35,131 Posts
    • 19,148 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 17th May 19, 7:09 AM
    • 17th May 19, 7:09 AM
    Haha Kingstreet, I got 6 different answers from 3 different people at one lender today!
    Originally posted by LRmortgage
    Beaten! Bah!
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

121Posts Today

1,839Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Snap post #BBCOurNextPM poll: Who do you think did best. (I had to have two in one category, so I picked randoml? https://t.co/gYTNBBn3SP

• Emily Maitliss being v mean to Boris using his own past quotes against him on Heathrow, having an election when lea? https://t.co/4baNAlmMid

• Wow - impressive performance from the 15 year old climate change activist. Not sure I'd have had such confidence when still at school.

• Follow Martin