Hi

Trying looking on https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk

Lots of information about camping & tents etc

Jen
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Look for a used Vango on ebay.
  • I bought that lombok350 tent to use in the summer when I'm camping in one, sheltered, place for a week or so.

It's a nice size for one or two people, with a porch that can easily be used if the weather is wet.
    However, it feels cheap. I wouldnt trust it in even a moderate wind, & never if it was forecast bad weather. It was in the heatwave when I used it.

I've a two man tunnel tent which has never let me down - North Ridge Torre lite (Go Outdoors don't stock them anymore), & a Vango gear store that attaches to the front to add a huge porch for wet days "indoors". I got that for £35, so shop around as some places have it for around £90.

I also backpack & use a Berghaus peak 3.1 pro, one man tent. That's perfect for wild camping & multi day trekking.
  • PDC
    PDC Posts: 805 Forumite
    I'd agree to try to go with a known brand, theres a Coleman of a similar size on the site for £20 more I know people who've had Coleman tents that have lasted years. Agree with others Vango tents have good reputations too. GO Outdoors 'own brand' Hi Gear are also good from what I've seen, I know a couple of people with those and they are now in the fifth year and going fine.

Do also know people who bought Aldi tents, they are okay but you can see where the money has been saved - They had to make a few minor repairs and replace a pole not long after buying. Also friend bought one of their inflatable tents last year and while it was great when it went up, it gradually fell to pieces over the weekend as the material was not up to the task and several seems split - Looking at the reviews online it seems that wasn't a one off.

Also as mentioned above, lots of used once tents on eBay as well as shops clearing out old stock so if you find a model you like do check on there.
  • marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I am going to look at a tent tomorrow that I found on Facebook, It has amazing reviews on the ukcampsite site, and if it's ok they only want £20 for it.

It's a decent size and decent make, so hopefully it will be in good condition, it hasn't been used much so they say
  • telemarks
    telemarks Posts: 255 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Millets have 50% off Eurohike tents ATM, might be worth a look.

https://www.millets.co.uk/tents-camping/tents/
  • Cheers. Looking for a 4 man with decent porch and waterproof. Will check out Millets, but wanted to avoid the highstreet brands because of cost. hopefully the sale will knock a decent amount off.
    THE BIGGEST_MINT
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport