Amazon deliveries.

Options
Want to order an item off Amazon that’s sold by a third party but fulfilled by Amazon. It’s about the size of a small airline carry on case and weighs around 5kg with a value of £325.

As I’m not going to be at home when they deliver they’ll almost certainly try a neighbor. Thing is I live in a mansion block where there’s a lot of work going on and I’ll concerned that a workman will sign for it and disappear with it. It’s to big and heavy to have it sent to work etc.

In the past I’ve had a delivery on a Sunday (which would be perfect) after a failed delivery in the week.

I can’t see how to select a Sunday delivery..... any ideas? Is it possible? I do have Prime.
Thanks.

Comments

• MushyPeas
    MushyPeas Posts: 3,104 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Use an Amazon locker, there is likely to be one nearby.
    Previous debt: £14K :embarasse Debt free: Sept '03 :DMFW#42 Mortgage OP savings £4271.18/£12000 2019 :)Started dating OH Mar '12, married Oct '12, Walnut born Dec ' 12 :A SPC 12: 99 £38.05/£500 Make money Jan: £412.34/£310 :T Feb: £88.79/£280 May: £215.52/£310 June: £18.98/£300
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MushyPeas wrote: »
    Use an Amazon locker, there is likely to be one nearby.

At carry case size? Not a chance.

OP: For a specific delivery you have to select nominated day and it costs more.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks both.... Amazon Locker isn’t really an option as I don’t want to lug the item home. Interestingly although the cast majoritysaid the item was too big for an AL there was 1 that would have accepted it.

Couldn’t see how I could select a Sunday. Any emergency over as a friend will come over and house sit on Thursday to accept the delivery.

It’s interesting that buying online seems to have improved light years but the actual getting the stuff still seems to be in the dark ages.
    Anyway.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you order on a Saturday wouldn't prime deliver Sunday ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure