american express "small shops" £5 cashback offer

pennymakespounds
pennymakespounds Posts: 1,482 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
edited 6 December 2018 at 6:51PM in Shop but don't drop
Others having problems with stores accepting ?

I remember this time year contacting Amex in frustration as various shops were refusing ....

First attempt this year ... local cafe that i know stopped accepting amex back in july

Second attempt a local hairdressers that closed down 5 months ago .

Been on to amex live chat and got the normal ridiculous waffle about how sorry they are , how hard they try etc.

Seeing as how they know every minute of every day which retailers they are plugged in to there is absolutely no excuse for their "partcipating retailers list" not to be bang up to date .

Not going to bother trying any other shops . Waste of time & very embarrassing

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I did see an advert on the tube for this the other day - it was for a hipster coffee place in Shoreditch - but in reflection decided I had better things to spend [STRIKE]£10[/STRIKE] £5 on.

Did you mean no excuse NOT to be upto date?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Others having problems with stores accepting ?

I remember this time year contacting Amex in frustration as various shops were refusing ....

First attempt this year ... local cafe that i know stopped accepting amex back in july

Second attempt a local hairdressers that closed down 5 months ago .

Been on to amex live chat and got the normal ridiculous waffle about how sorry they are , how hard they try etc.

Seeing as how they know every minute of every day which retailers they are plugged in to there is absolutely no excuse for their "partcipating retailers list" not to be bang up to date .

Not going to bother trying any other shops . Waste of time & very embarrassing

I agree. Have tried several places which have either stopped accepting American Express or are clueless about the promotion even though they are showing on the map as participating. Definitely need to confirm they are doing the promotion. Really puts you off the whole thing.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,804 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Others having problems with stores accepting ?

Not had a chance to try as when I entered my postcode there isn't a single participating retailer in the vicinity.....
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,281 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Any chance of compo for this failure?

Because of the promotion I decided to have lunch in a local 'pub that is listed on the Amex website as participating in it. Inevitably, it turns out they no longer accept Amex. So will Amex give me the five pounds I lost?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure