Time to Start Again....Again

Options

Comments

• ImpulseSpender
    Options
    Yay on your offer being accepted! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Vegetable and chickpea curry is always a go to for me. If I can bulk it out with veggies then I find I can freeze at least 3 or 4 portions.

Well done on the no spend day too!
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
    Saving Pots: House Fund: £2015.21 Holiday Pot: £327.31 Rainy Day Fund: £964.84 Sod it/Treat Fund: £12.06
    Stocks and Shares ISA: £189.65
  • FiftyQuid
    Options
    :j:j:j It's FRIDAY!! I am so delighted. I've had such a long week full of emotional ups & downs and hard work at work too. I'm so ready for the weekend. I am looking forward to waking up tomorrow at my normal time, which will be pitch black, then snuggling back down safe in the knowledge I don't have to be up for at least 2 or 3 more hours. Ahhhh that's such a lovely feeling. Simple but lovely.

Then I will get up and peg out the washing I will have got started early (on a timer) as the weather is supposed to be warm & windy tomorrow so I can hopefully get 3 loads done, maybe 4 which will get my baskets down to none. I love it when I can still eke out the good weather for line drying and not have to use the tumble dryer a.k.a. the electric eating machine. It's good to have it but I don't like using it unless I have to.

Today was another no spend day :T hurrah me.

I made a massive stir fry with brown rice, using up some soya "chicken" pieces and some veggies and I also chucked in some cashew nuts. I feel as fat as a barrel now! But at least there will be no tummy rumbles before bed and I'll be sorted till breakfast.

I checked my nectar points balance and they have added the 300 points, yipeee!

The under offer sign went up today and I received the sales memorandum from the estate agents. I am still trying to keep an emotional distance but trying to remain positive. It is hard though, as I am sure you'll understand, when you've been constantly through the mill over the last 6 months and felt like the rug's been pulled away many times. Anyway I shall just try and keep my mind in neutral, I think that's all I can do.

Have a lovely lovely weekend all and if you have any of this late-in-the-year sunshine, make the most of it. :cool:
  • litepay
    litepay Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    FiftyQuid wrote: »

The under offer sign went up today and I received the sales memorandum from the estate agents. I am still trying to keep an emotional distance but trying to remain positive. It is hard though, as I am sure you'll understand, when you've been constantly through the mill over the last 6 months and felt like the rug's been pulled away many times. Anyway I shall just try and keep my mind in neutral, I think that's all I can do.

I fine the sale & purchase process so stressful here in the UK, anyone can pull out at anytime. In Scotland it's completely different from what I read, and also in other countries - like Canada. The law should be changed to offer more protection to the sellers and buyers...

Good luck!
  • FiftyQuid
    Options
    litepay - I absolutely could not agree more. It's an awful system. Awful awful awful.
  • FiftyQuid
    Options
    Happy Saturday evening!

I had such a lovely lie in today, I must have needed it. I woke up at about 7.30am (already a lie in compared to normal) and had to nip to the loo but then got back into bed and snuggled down again and didn't wake up again till 9.45am. That is so late for me these days!

I'd planned to get the washing out on the line but as soon as I got it out of the machine it started lashing it down and didn't stop for about two hours. However I have a conservatory so I could peg it out on a large clothes horse in there. I had to use the tumble dryer to dry one lot of bedding but then the sun came out and I got the second lot out on the line along with the stuff from the conservatory and later some jeans. It was so warm today and really windy so it all dried really quickly and I am all up to date on washing now till next weekend.

I did my housework, did some weeding and raked the lawn as part of it is shaded and is prone to mushrooms! There were some bl**dy massive ones which had come up after all the rain recently and they actually kinda freaked me out! :eek: Crazy for a vegan I know but they were enormous!! Anyway I raked them all down and cleared it all up along with some other 'greenery'. Snipped some buddleia back which probably weren't helping with the shade and here's hoping all the pretty warm sunshine helps them stay away for a while.

I got some free exercise as I walked into town and back (about 25 mins each way). Not a no spend day; I spent £1.79 so far on some ironing water and some dark chocolate. Ironing water you say? Yes. I live in a hard water area and it's ruined several irons and it's so annoying having cr*ppy water bubble out on your whites! Chocolate you say? Yes. Just....because. :rotfl: £1 for 5 little bars of chocolate raspberry ruffle bars. Anyway this came from the change in my purse which I'd not touched this week.

I may have to pop out again shortly to Tesco as I have company tomorrow and need a few little bits but it'll come out of my grocery budget for the coming week and I'll look for bargains!

I made a double meal again tonight...a tasty bolognase style sauce using up a green chilli, a solo onion left behind, some garlic, left over mushrooms (no not from the garden), carton of basics chopped tomatoes (rinsed carton with cold water and tipped into pan to get every little bit of tomato!) and I used red lentils instead of soya mince. Popped in a couple of teaspoons of bouillon power and simmered for 30 minutes....it thickened up nicely and was lovely spooned over some wholemeal pasta spirals.

So I now have two meals in the freezer for next week, and I've planned up till Tuesday anyway....just need to work out how to make up the rest of the week on a tight budget. I've had elevated blood pressure this year (I wonder why.....) so I am trying to have as many potassium rich meals as I can to try and help bring it down so that's a consideration for the meal plan too.

I'm staying in tonight may watch a dvd or tv film and get to bed at a decent time so I can make the most of tomorrow before the week starts all over again.

I had £2 left on my lottery online account (won't be adding to that again any time soon) so I have bought a ticket....I'd be delighted with a £25 win let alone anything else!

OK I'm off to Tesco. Bye for now.
  • FiftyQuid
    Options
    Happy Sunday. :)

I've started the day off well by changing my tariff on my mobile. I'm on 02 and I've reduced the data & minutes to save about £6 a month, starting next month.

Going to do some free home diy treats shortly.....wash & condition hair (leaving conditioner on for ages), self 'manicure' and some TLC on my tootsies. Body scrub that I have hanging around followed by some body lotion. Then I have someone coming over and I'll make us a simple lunch and hopefully have a nice afternoon talking. Not planning on going out so this *should* be a no spend day.
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You seem very determined and are making a great start - well done.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • FiftyQuid
    FiftyQuid Posts: 16 Forumite
    edited 14 October 2018 at 5:05PM
    Options
    Thanks redmel - it's nice to have some encouragement! (Edit: and I have had a no spend day!)
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    FiftyQuid wrote: »
    Thanks Scott for the eBay tip. I hadn't thought of that so I'll keep that in mind.

https://reward.ebay.co.uk/rwdwebui/nectar/cobranded

No bother every little helps and all that debt busting is a baby steps journey
  • FiftyQuid
    Options
    Good evening.

I didn't have much to post yesterday and even if I did my evening was eaten up by an epic phone call with a sibling! I haven't spoke to them for about 8 months so we had a lot of catching up to do. Thank goodness for free minutes (both of us!) as we were on the phone for about two & a half hours in total. It was lovely to catch up.

Well I heard that my buyer has instructed solicitors and my solicitor confirmed contract received so that's positive. There is a query about something in the conservatory but I am hoping it turns out to be nothing much as I really haven't got the funds to fix anything bad. I'll find out next Monday but maybe there will be an option to re-negotiate price if needed.

Apart from paying for the essential (in my opinion and based on recent experience) no sale no fee insurance today with the solicitor I have had a no spend day - yesterday and Sunday too so, doing fairly well. I was so tempted on the weekend by a canvas cross body bag I saw in the same shop as where the ironing water came from. It was wicked and £15 reduced from about £39. Bargain! But....I have bags. Many. So I made myself walk away saying "You like it! But you don't need it." Quite pleased with myself. I still want the bag though! :rotfl:

Grocery shopping & petrol required tomorrow then I am hoping for no more spends till Saturday as I am going to a concert - tickets bought & paid for 6 months ago.

I've got several family birthdays coming up but all I can do is cards for them. I have a small stash of greetings cards at home and a book of 2nd class stamps so they're written out now waiting to be posted. To be honest I hardly ever see them so buying for them would be weird as I wouldn't even know what they like.

I've had a few other small wins, quite boring but I guess they all add up? Just things like eking out every last drop of toiletries, putting off using the dishwasher for an extra day, using a shower timer to save water (I am on a meter)...I turn the water off when I am combing the conditoner through my hair or doing my legs for example and try to keep overall water flow to 5 minutes. I've made lunches for work and I take in my own teabags & plant milk for a drink so I don't buy from the cafe (not that I ever really did).

Well that's aboout it for me for now. Hoping for a fairly quiet week as hopefully that'll mean a frugal one!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure