PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Saturday 11th August 2018

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning all I do hope NPM finds some peace, much love to her and the family xx
    Today the sun has returned after yesterdays downpour and along with it is green grass in my garden Lovely and cool and fresh though .So nice I think a walk around my local park is long overdue, so thats my plan for this morning.No shopping to buy at all as I have more than enough to get me through until I go away next friday Tonight's meal is sweet chilli chicken thighs from the freezer and new potatoes and the rest of the white cabbage steamed I like a good dollop of sweet chilli sauce on my cabbage to liven it up a bit :)I have a nice galia melon in the fridge so that will do for some pudding.
    our tomorrow for dinner at DDs and also out on Tuesday to the pub quiz and we have a traditional fish and chips the night before we go on holiday so I only have Monday and Wednesday this week when I need to cook dinner. I think I will knock up a victoria sponge cake for DD later today as I want to use up some of my eggs Using up as much as I can before the holiday so I leave my fridge empty by Friday morning.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and good news that your mum's doing so well gers.Go on treat yourself to a nice top you deserve a treat now and again :):):)

Take care everyone

JackieO xxx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Cranky, thank you for the update, they've been in my thoughts this week.

It's lovely and sunny in Edinburgh today so we'll go and explore and then Steve has booked a meal for our anniversary.

We're staying in an Airbnb house which is very nice but full of stuff, every surface is covered in knick-knacks and it makes me itch.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 11 August 2018 at 10:59PM
    Morning all

Nice bright day today after torrential rain for hours yesterday, the caf! at work was completely surrounded by a moat yesterday and we had to wade through water to get out the car park was flooded too !! Its meant to rain tomorrow and Monday too so we need to make the most of today.

OH is doing the food shop today and I shall stay and tidy through downstairs, dd and her boyf do upstairs.

DD is off to her house this morning to await the delivery of a mattress, so she will take a bit more stuff with her :j

BBQ tonight so will sit in the garden with a beverage while its cooking.

Arranged for the patio to be done, the chap is coming in about four weeks to do it, its going to be a big one about half of the garden, OH and I just don't have time to garden so this way we can have a few pots around to look nice and we enjoying sitting out in the garden, we will get the fence done at the same time.

Camelot glad you had a good time xx

Hugs to all in need xx

Have good days all xx

Happy Anniversary to the snoozers xx
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Care package is only for the morning getting him up and showering/washing. I will still have to call for assistance if he does pass out on the floor. Still I suppose some help is better than nothing. I am going to try and get him into the day hospice one day a week to give me a break.

Physio went to see him yesterday, she is going to give him a leaflet of chair exercises he can do to strengthen his legs which are very weak. I am not expecting him home really until the middle of next week.

We had some rain yesterday, its bright and sunny just now, cool breeze, forecast rain later which is badly needed.

I am not going into the hospital today will go tomorrow after lunch, break the day up a bit for him. No idea what I am going to do. I do need to layer up the baby quilt ready to quilt, thinking about it, I might prepare the backing and lay it on the table ready for the wadding.........I might spend most of the day relaxing. I have a baby coat on the knitting needles, could get on with that.

No idea what to have for supper, might have fish and salad, will see how I feel later. Had the second ready meal from Aldi last night sweet and sour chicken, could have done with a bit less rice and a bit more chicken but I enjoyed it.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning all

Thank you for starting us off Holly, hope you have a lovely day

My thoughts are with everyone who having a hard time

Not sure if I will be able to post, taken me two hours to get my laptop to work. It says I have no memory,I have deleted loads of stuff (about 200MB) but it says I only have 5.96MB space left, don't understand anything techie. Laptop keeps shutting down. Huge file for HP printer support, don't know if I need it or if I can delete.

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello all
    Well after my day of rest yesterday, I had a dreadful night with very little sleep. So I feel awful this morning :(. I have been going from boiling hot to shivering and I'm also aching all over. I have no idea what it is but it will pass, I've had it before. Anyway I have taken some painkillers and crossed my fingers. This afternoon I may have a soak in a warm bath to see if I can ease the aching.

I seem to be going in slow motion today, but I must keep doing things or I'll seize up. So this morning I managed to do one load in the WM and hang it out as it's overcast but breezy. This was not the forecast, it was supposed to be rain. I shall have to keep my eye on it and hope it dries before it buckets down.
    I filled the DW too but will wait till after the lunch dishes go in, to start that up. I think it might be a tomato soup day. I have also halved, de-stoned and frozen some apricots as they seem to be ripening quicker than I can eat them :o.

Tea tonight will be beef strips in black bean sauce with rice or chips, but I will leave Mr Fix It in charge of that.

I'm off to get my soup on, so I shall wish everyone a good Saturday.
    Hugs to anyone who needs them.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Silver-Oldie what operating system are you using? Windows 10, or Windows 7, or something else entirely?
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,028 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I’m in my own home! :j:j:j

After I got back to DM from shopping she was up, had made and eaten her own breakfast and was adamant that I could leave her. I’m only here overnight as I have to be with her on Monday morning for the heating engineer but it’s enough to lift my spirits.

Once the digoxin was reinstated and the furosemide stopped the change in her health is astounding. DM won’t be the same as she was last year but the improvement is heartening, now I feel comfortable leaving her - with a long list of instructions - for a while.

An old friend is insisting on taking me out for a drink next week. When I suggested a chilled Chablis or Sancerre he countered with champagne, I’m not a fan of the fizz but won’t refuse it.

I’ve cleared the post box, including a bus lane penalty charge :eek:, forgot that the bus lane started at 4.00pm, thought it was 4.30pm. My own fault but my first ever infringement of anything! :o

Today would have been the 67th birthday of my only sibling, he died just days after his birthday aged 57. It’s also the birthday of his youngest son so a bittersweet day. The nephew is a sort of farmer in Queensland, he’s turned out so well after a rough few years when he was on track to be a bum. A strong girlfriend, three children and a fabulous mother have got his life turned round. Oh, and an utterly wonderful aunt too. :j

Right, of to inspect the rest of my home. There’s washing chugging in the machine, some had been there since 26 June so it’s getting a boil wash. :o
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Silver-Oldie what operating system are you using? Windows 10, or Windows 7, or something else entirely?

think it's windows 10, not sure
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all, I was up at 3 because of painful mouth but went back to bed and slept this morning. I've just had a warm bath and I don't think I'm even going to bother trying go achieve anything much today, though I did yesterday.

Great news Gers about your mum.

Thinking of those of us who are sad or worried or unwell.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport