Dear Bloggers Who Hold Giveaway's/Competitions

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 August 2018 at 11:54PM
    hdh74 wrote: »
    I find anything more than one daily task too time consuming and have stopped entering on the blogs that have too many. I can't be bothered to compete against people who do loads. It doesn't leave you time to actually read anything on the blog either.

Any tasks to be completed at time of entry and certainly only doing tasks once is quite enough, I have no wish to waste my time making daily entries or entering competitions that allow it when I know that some people are prepared to spend their time like that so the chances of a once only effort winning are very slim.
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Jaycee21 wrote: »
    I'm part of Family Clan, we used to have loads of daily options, but we got a lot of negative feed back saying we had too many, as a fellow compete I love the option to do extra daily tasks to get extra entries, so more chances of winning. What's other compete views?

We have pin images, comment on another post & share options apart from Twitte.

The thing that annoys me with some bloggers is that one of the options is to watch a video. Now whilst I may find it amusing to watch a five minute video of little boy bloggers son using a product that is being promoted once, I have no desire to watch the same video day in, day out, so if it something I really want to win,I click to say I watched it, then simply fast forward the video. I think all video options should be a once only option, not day in day out.

I try to limit the number I do a daily tweet on too, as I have been shadowbanned in the past for tweeting too much. Although now gleam no longer offer this option, it has cut down the amount I tweet. Thanks for asking for feedback. It is good to know bloggers take the time to ask for feedback.
  • TickTwo
    TickTwo Posts: 3,926 Forumite
    Hi Family Clan :hello:

Unfortunately I'm not able to physically comp much at the mo, the only comps I'm entering is a few raffs & gleams no where near as many as I used to. For me I don't mind how many daily entries you add on your raffs & gleams because it's up to me if I do them or not so it does not hurt me how many you add!

The video's I click play & leave them playing in one window & carry on comping then once done go back & click enter, you still get your youtube video views up & I get an entry win win. I'm not sure if only zooming through the video's to get the enter button actually counts for us & if you get a view added?

I don't find entering them the time consuming bit it's finding them to enter that's the pain bit, there is no one stop for all or most blog comps they are spread over comp website's, blogs, FB & Twitter so ok I know how to find them but it's the time it takes & it's doing the same thing day in day out that gets you :wall:

I used to run a blog that rounded most up & post here & Loquax & competition database before but my heath's too bad at mo but think a better list in one place would be a good start at getting more people to enter. So that means most of the bloggers who hold comps often to agree & go to the same place to post them up. I would suggest LuckyDi Competition database or Loquax (I'm banned from Loquax so I would not see them).

Also a fair few people stopped entering them way back when twitter changed it's rules on how many times you can tweet last year & does not like multiple links being tweeted either so if you enter comps on raff that have the daily tweet option you are shaddowbanned like I am. This does not stop your entries going through them, if your not winning any raffs try changing your email address you sign into twitter with & raffs as I had a email ban either or on both raffs & twitter go figure! I'm currently on a search ban as well as a thread ban though you can find my twitter page yay me!. So when I'm tweeting your daily tweet option you can check I've tweeted it by checking the tweet link I add on the raff but no one else can see the tweet so it's not spreading your comp & blog on twitter like it used to. Of course not everyone is shaddowbanned so I guess you will still see some people's tweets coming up

I also think some people got put off entering any comps when the the whole privacy thing happened earlier in the year I don't think people knew how far & wide their info was going though I don't think that's as much of a problem with blog comps.

I've no idea if any of that helped but thank's for asking if you don't ask you don't know!.

Right off for a rest now phew! _pale_
    It's TicketyBoo To Be TickTwo!
  • mjm3346
    TickTwo wrote: »
    Hi Family Clan :hello:
    For me I don't mind how many daily entries you add on your raffs & gleams because it's up to me if I do them or not so it does not hurt me how many you add!

If there are lots (or even one) daily entry available and if you do not do it/them your chances are less than everyone who does - if only one entry per person is allowed then your chances are the same as everybody else.
  • TickTwo
    I wouldn't worry about what everyone else is doing, just enjoy the hobby enter what you want to how many times you want to then forget about it & who knows you could get a winner notification :j
  • mjm3346
    I wouldn't worry about what everyone else is doing, just enjoy the hobby enter what you want to how many times you want to then forget about it & who knows you could get a winner notification :j

You do not have to worry about it, the odds determine which is the best bet and therefore the best use of time - For the same prize it is better to have 1 entry out of say 500 which gives you a far better chance than 1 out of 5,000 and although it only takes one entry to be a possible winner it is far better to opt for the greater chance.

(500 people entering a single entry comp compared to 500 people entering a competition with an additional 3 daily entries available for a month and just 50 people [10%] bothering to do them.)

The only reason for the daily multiple entries is to drive traffic to the sites to increase their revenue, same goes for the various clicks win sites etc.
  • TickTwo
    Of course it's to gain traffic & their own brand awareness same as "normal" comps hopefully I've helped with that over the years

If I thought about how many entries other compers were getting in a comp over me if I didn't enter all the daily entries it would not be worth comping & certainly would not be a fun hobby anymore

Just enjoy it, enter what you want how ever many times you want never mind about anyone else is doing like I posted it does not hurt me how many daily entries they have because I don't think about comps in the same way you do, neither way is right or wrong it's just how each of us think about entering comps is different :j
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    What I don't like is the fact that the same blog may have 6 or more comps running and want you to do mutliple daily entries, the same multiple daily entries for all the comps. eg comment on a FB/insta post, so you need to find 6 different posts to comment on every day and they may only post one, so what are you supposed to do?
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • mjm3346
    Of course it's to gain traffic & their own brand awareness same as "normal" comps hopefully I've helped with that over the years

If I thought about how many entries other compers were getting in a comp over me if I didn't enter all the daily entries it would not be worth comping & certainly would not be a fun hobby anymore

Just enjoy it, enter what you want how ever many times you want never mind about anyone else is doing like I posted it does not hurt me how many daily entries they have because I don't think about comps in the same way you do, neither way is right or wrong it's just how each of us think about entering comps is different :j

It is the multiple entries, effectively making money off those entries and not having a product/service to sell that makes them different to most "normal" competitions.

It does not need great thought to know that if daily entry is allowed and you do not do it your chances of winning are going to be less than everyone who does the extra entries whereas if everyone was only allowed one entry you would have the same chance as everyone else.

Avid compers often will make the daily/multiple entries and there is nothing wrong with that, but I, along with the majority of people, are casual compers and the best use of comping time in those circumstances is not going for, or only having the occasional entry, to multiple entry competitions, certainly where the prize is worth less than £500.

(Fortunately I like numbers so that is an enjoyable side of comping and from not a large amount of time or a high number of entries comping has proved quite profitable for me and I suspect that is partially because of what I choose not to enter).
  • TickTwo
    Like I said many times now, you think differently about how to comp, nought wrong with that you like numbers I don't.

My comping goes along these lines:

Ooo that's nice would like to win that!
    Bookmark comp
    Enter as many things as I want or not (varies from day to day depending on energy levels)
    repeat daily until comp ends

That's me

Right talking about energy levels time I bow out of this thread as it's going round in circles & can't add anymore than I already have & it's not a great way to use what limited energy I have left for the day

Hope all bloggers who hold comps have loads of entries & thanks for holding them. Here's to all compers having loads of wins for the rest of the year

Happy comping :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family