Grievance at work

Options

Comments

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    But I thought you had to have a contract within two months of you starting regardless of the guaranteed number of hours and had to have payslips regardless of hours guaranteed or payment method.

When you say cash in hand is this so you're under the radar or just the way they're paying you?
  • Davidk9511
    Options
    Ell76 wrote: »
    I believe your best option would be to request an informal discussion and state that the whole incident has left you in a less than ideal situation financially.

Be honest!
    I'm not sure of your tenure in the job but if you are by all accounts a hard worker and there are no other issues, then hopefully they will come to an understanding moving forward.

If you are happy in the job, then let them know and ask what you can do to re-establish good will going forward.

A reasonable employer should consider the incident was an error on their part and hopefully assist financially.
    If they don't then why not consider a role you would enjoy elsewhere?

If this happened a few weeks ago I have no doubt she would've done whatever it took to keep me around as she was bragging that "she could ask me to do anything and Ill never say no" and not have to do anything herself . But since I noticed they were taking advantage me. I started doing less. I didn't stop completely I just did my fair share of everything.

But I do love my job. I hope this can all be sorted peacefully and fairly as I would prefer not to leave.
  • Ell76
    Ell76 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Davidk9511 wrote: »
    If this happened a few weeks ago I have no doubt she would've done whatever it took to keep me around as she was bragging that "she could ask me to do anything and Ill never say no" and not have to do anything herself . But since I noticed they were taking advantage me. I started doing less. I didn't stop completely I just did my fair share of everything.

But I do love my job. I hope this can all be sorted peacefully and fairly as I would prefer not to leave.

Well until your next on shift, try to relax my friend and try not to worry.
    If there is anything that really needs your attention financially, then contact the CAB and they'll try to advise and definitely help to an extent.

Just think about what you're going to say to your boss and ask for a quick chat......
  • Davidk9511
    Options
    But I thought you had to have a contract within two months of you starting regardless of the guaranteed number of hours and had to have payslips regardless of hours guaranteed or payment method.

When you say cash in hand is this so you're under the radar or just the way they're paying you?

I'm not entirely sure about that to be honest. I havent had a lot of experience working so I still have a lot to learn about my rights and responsibilities as an employee and the responsibilities of employers. And yes i do receive cash in hand but not by choice. Its just the way they're paying me.
  • Davidk9511
    Options
    Ell76 wrote: »
    Well until your next on shift, try to relax my friend and try not to worry.
    If there is anything that really needs your attention financially, then contact the CAB and they'll try to advise and definitely help to an extent.

Just think about what you're going to say to your boss and ask for a quick chat......

I wish it was that easy! Ive had alot of sleepless nights worrying about everything. Hoping for some way of fixing it all. And i plan on speaking to the CAB as soon as possible on Monday. Thank you!
  • aife
    aife Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    no pay slips ... no contract ... false accusations ... a boss that boasts about being able to get you to do anything.... no guaranteed hours

... and you love your job ?!!!
  • aife
    aife Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Seriously , you've lost money and had the stress of being suspended because of your manager's mistake , she should be grovelling and trying to make it up to you , not cutting your hours
    From what you've said , it sounds to me as if you may not be legally employed. If that's the case recent events might have made this woman nervous , she could be looking to cut you out completely to cover herself.
    Either way , you should focus on finding a proper job where you're treated properly , even if you have to sign on for a bit
  • Davidk9511
    Davidk9511 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    aife wrote: »
    no pay slips ... no contract ... false accusations ... a boss that boasts about being able to get you to do anything.... no guaranteed hours

... and you love your job ?!!!

Its not so much the place or how I'm treated that I love. I love what I do and the regular customers. Until all of this started I was getting a decent amount of hours every week without fail even without the contract. Enough to keep me afloat but also enough to give me the spare time I needed while I'm learning to code.
  • Davidk9511
    Davidk9511 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    aife wrote: »
    Seriously , you've lost money and had the stress of being suspended because of your manager's mistake , she should be grovelling and trying to make it up to you , not cutting your hours
    From what you've said , it sounds to me as if you may not be legally employed. If that's the case recent events might have made this woman nervous , she could be looking to cut you out completely to cover herself.
    Either way , you should focus on finding a proper job where you're treated properly , even if you have to sign on for a bit

I know. I do have a lot of dirt on the place I could potentially threaten to use against them to maybe make them pay up. But I cant use it because it would mean my friend loses her job as well and I cant drop her in it just to get the money I shouldn't have lost out on. But yeah as you said I'm looking for other work with the hopes that I can tell my manager to p*** off. If and when she finally decides to give me a shift again if things aren't resolved peacefully before then
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,028 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's the lack of payslips which is most troubling, IMO. Even if you're paid in cash, you are entitled to a written statement of what you've been paid and any deductions. Without that ...

How long have you worked there? If you were before at the start of April, did you get a P60 setting out your earnings for the previous tax year?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport