Who decides CCJ

Comments

• GTS15
    GTS15 Posts: 15 Forumite
    I know because I was there and owned the company that fell. My wife was a guarantor on some of the company finance which was enforced. We tried to defend her and it went to court. The judge was very good with her but told her he has to abide by the law and the he can only put dismiss if could be defended and although reckless lending could be considered by the FSA it does not form a defence so had to award a CCJ. Have 14 days to pay which is out the question as my bankruptcy took everything.

I don't have multi accounts just different questions but some people just like to stick the boot in instead of answering questions to people who need real advise and not hearsay or judgemental comments.

I would ask for answers that help and it not able to answer keep your thoughts to yourself as silly comments don't help
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    GTS15 wrote: »
    Have 14 days to pay which is out the question as my bankruptcy took everything.

Where are the assets that your wife had in order to be a guarantor for a £55k debt. (Asked rhetorically).
  • GTS15
    No she had no assets , just a wage however Ratesetter made it very clear she had to sign the form also, I understand that I get what is coming as MD of the company which ultimatly made me bankrupt,however tried to defend Joanne even offered a good settlement from her parents but they just went at her to the point of bullying for full amount. In this proccess I have found that nice people get battered to a pulp for being honest. There seems no sense in what they are doing as will cost them money to chase something that can never be paid but they seem hell bent on destroying lives without any care.

When the case was over I exspected that a figure would be set based on Joannes part time job income however nothing just pay in 14 days and here is a legal bill of 6k thank you very much on top of other charges and bill. My thought is sod it get her to go bankrupt pay £670 and that is it as don't want this hanging over our heads for years.
  • GTS15
    And this helps how, I only have 1 account GTS15 as stated earlier if just a troll don't reply as the forum can do without this sort of thing
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I answered your question in post #2#.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • bazzyb
    bazzyb Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I know because I was there and owned the company that fell.

The question wasn’t aimed at you, it was aimed at user gtspeed who seems to know about the amounts involved, but who you have stated isn’t you.
    And this helps how, I only have 1 account GTS15 as stated earlier if just a troll don't reply as the forum can do without this sort of thing

Nobody is trolling anybody but it is very confusing if you post from multiple accounts. If you’re not posting from multiple accounts then why muddy the waters by replying to a question aimed at a different user?
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

GTS15 & gtspeed = 2 accounts.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,457 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Hi GTS

Is there any reason your wife could not go bankrupt? With 55k debt and earning £480 per month, it seems a no-brainer unless she has assets to protect.

The fee is £680 btw
  • GTS15
    amazing that when someone asks for help , a husband and wife on same thread the trolls come out with such small minded attitude of putting the boot in instead of helping, makes me wonder how these people function in society ...shame on you. Anyway let them sit in the ivory tower while I try and sort out a mess that is destroying lives and driving someone to suicide point so well done.

So for those that are trying to help thank you and any guidance would be great as really cannot think straight. I have thought of bankruptcy for my wife however I find it a living hell as nobody wants to know you and can place the rented house at risk , void car insurance etc when you read the horror stories and I would not wish the extra pressure on her. I always thought that the court would decide a fair payment for a certain length of time and then that would be it , but trying to find out is like nailing custard to the ceiling
  • GTS15
    Hi

Thanks for the answer sour, however the form just states will send offer to creditor for consideration and not the court. As we have already tried to make offers with Ratesetter that was refused hence the thread.

What happens if the creditor says no then back to square 1 on the face of it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure