GazMoz
GazMoz Posts: 20 Forumite
answered elsewhere

Comments

• Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    GazMoz wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the screening company will still require proof of my degree?

I very much expect they'll ask for proof of qualifications you've said you have.

I have to ask why are you so concerned? Have you lied on your application form?
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    edited 12 May 2018 at 2:48PM
    Original post:
    I have just been offered a conditional job offer, for which I have to complete a background check. Part of the screening involves a 3 year activity history check. I have completed the screening and sent the application back to them. I graduated from Uni in 2014 (so four years ago), this is on my CV but I did not put it in my 3 year activity history as it was not during the period they asked for. Does anyone know if the screening company will still require proof of my degree? Will they contact the University directly without notifying me, or will I be asked to provide a referee (as I have one tutor who I would like to notify in advance)?
    Gavin83 wrote: »
    I very much expect they'll ask for proof of qualifications you've said you have.

I have to ask why are you so concerned? Have you lied on your application form?

The OP's post history gives reason to think that's the case.:(
  • Soot2006
    Soot2006 Posts: 2,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    We use "HEDD" as a routine for all degree and certificate checks on new employees: https://hedd.ac.uk/

We don't look at the paper these things are written on, we are only interested in authenticating the data i.e. degree awarding body, degree results, etc ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure