New Glasses blurry vision - Help

13»

Comments

• kirtondm
    kirtondm Posts: 436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I agree glass does not scratch as easily and the optics are marginally sharper

but...

wouldn't want to be in car accident wearing glass specs or fall over wearing glass specs etc.
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    kirtondm wrote: »
    I agree glass does not scratch as easily and the optics are marginally sharper

but...

wouldn't want to be in car accident wearing glass specs or fall over wearing glass specs etc.

Yeah, I've been in the room when ophthalmologists were picking optical glass out of a mans eyes after a car accident, the best optics in the world wouldn't convince me to buy glass lenses for myself again.
  • ratrace
    ratrace Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Update on the new specs

Put them on this morning when i woke up (have taken a few days off work to try and get used to them) had them on for a few hours and have a headace/migrain not sure if this is normal

the temptation to take them off is great but im going to persevere and hope they feel better as time goes on but the headace is really annoying and making me feel nauseous etc...

cost me £220 for the lenses and £50 for the glasses so far so quite a hefty ammount, just thought id update you all
    People are caught up in an egotistic artificial rat race to display a false image to society. We want the biggest house, fanciest car, and we don't mind paying the sky high mortgage to put up that show. We sacrifice our biggest assets our health and time, We feel happy when we see people look up to us and see how successful we are”

Rat Race
  • GlasweJen
    ratrace wrote: »
    Update on the new specs

Put them on this morning when i woke up (have taken a few days off work to try and get used to them) had them on for a few hours and have a headace/migrain not sure if this is normal

the temptation to take them off is great but im going to persevere and hope they feel better as time goes on but the headace is really annoying and making me feel nauseous etc...

cost me £220 for the lenses and £50 for the glasses so far so quite a hefty ammount, just thought id update you all

All normal, you can take normal painkillers and they should help. In this instance it's the design of the lens that's causing the issue and you're training your brain to get used to the optics. It will hopefully get better but like I said it's only going to improve if you pretend that your new glasses are the only glasses in the world. It should get easier every day.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I've just recently found out a high street opticians had messed up the figures on an identical 2nd pair of glasses. 2nd pair were blurry and original were not , one reading on one lense was 30 instead of 35
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • GlasweJen
    Browntoa wrote: »
    I've just recently found out a high street opticians had messed up the figures on an identical 2nd pair of glasses. 2nd pair were blurry and original were not , one reading on one lense was 30 instead of 35

In this instance the OP has opted for a new design of lens for cosmetic reasons and won't get anywhere without a bit of perseverance. He has been advised to have the glasses checked first before going ahead with his week of steaming ahead with wearing the new lens design. Obviously if you are not trying a new lens design and your glasses don't seem right always take them back and have them checked.
  • ratrace
    ratrace Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    So its been a while since i have had them but still no better

everything still seems off and uncomfortable not sure what to do from here, do i get new lenses put in and try them and see what happens or shall i go for a much more smaller frame and and then thinner lenses etc...

getting fed up now ive spent loads of money and still not right
    People are caught up in an egotistic artificial rat race to display a false image to society. We want the biggest house, fanciest car, and we don't mind paying the sky high mortgage to put up that show. We sacrifice our biggest assets our health and time, We feel happy when we see people look up to us and see how successful we are”

Rat Race
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    I recently had new varifocals - been wearing varifocals since they first came out. However, my new pair just didn't feel right so I went back to the optician who explained that the new method of cutting the lenses were causing them to be wrongly shaped for the prescription. He replaced them with the same prescription but new lenses re-cut using the 'old' method (whatever that was) resulted in perfect specs.
  • GlasweJen
    So its been a while since i have had them but still no better

everything still seems off and uncomfortable not sure what to do from here, do i get new lenses put in and try them and see what happens or shall i go for a much more smaller frame and and then thinner lenses etc...

getting fed up now ive spent loads of money and still not right

Double aspherics are either tolerated or they're not, you're better going back to your old lens design even if it's in a higher index (although in your prescription higher isn't always better). Seiko used to do a nice lens for high pluses but I have no idea if they're still in business.
  • halogen
    halogen Posts: 426 Forumite
    do you know any places that make custom contact lenses to order i went on google but no one seems to do them and if the do the only supply the shops
    Does anyone have an answer for this bit? I'm fortunate that I get them from the NHS but I'm always losing them and having to wait weeks for a replacement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure