Options
2»

Comments

• josie301
    josie301 Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done on winning the T shirt.

Hello srm - S'funny how all these newbies pop up to tell us how great clubseasons is. :confused: :rolleyes:

Well, a time share is not bad, and yes it is the individuals choice. BUT to dress it up as a WIN is bad. If the OP had wanted a timeshare I'm sure they could have chosen for themselves.

And to help others here is a link to other 'WINNERS'
    Jo x
    2007:£5181.09 2008: £6619.70 2009: £4284.49 2010: £5213.14 2011: £4980.62 2012: £3188.52 :)

• bekid1
    bekid1 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    hi
    i recieved one of those about 6wks ago but after researching on here i was advised it is a scam to get some money from you if you have won it why do you have to pay £300 pounds :confused:
    2012 £25 cheq realpeople, glee goodies
  • Tulip
    Tulip Posts: 29,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    well done :T :T :T on the t-shirt win
  • mpython
    mpython Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Srm, welcome to MSE.

I don't like staring with a negative reply to newbies but you're talking absolute rubbish.

You're not putting anyone's mind at rest because we've done the financial analysis (on other threads) and its not a good investment. It invariably costs more to own a timeshare than organising your own package trip.

As for clubseasons being 4* - I suggest you visit the sites and talk to the guests who don't sign up. I have first hand feedback as to how tatty and unpleasant it is in Aug when its raining and there's nothing for the kids to do.

I do wish you people would read the contributions of your predecessors before you add in your 'balancing' view.

Well done on the tshirt win charliekelly.
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
  • NOSONDDU
    NOSONDDU Posts: 13,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had a Clubseasons letter last Spring and decided to decline. Told them no. Had another one, told them no. Had a letter to say they couldn't understand that they hadn't heard from me, sent them a stinker of an email and had more letters from them. Given up and just bin them now. We even went to see their site! If it was a properly run compqny why keep hounding someone after being declined over and over again.
    "Every day when I wake up I thank the Lord I'm Welsh" Cerys Matthews
  • srm_3
    Options
    Hello again! I have to laugh!!! sorry! but it sounds more of a case of people just believing other people and that's it really. Compared to mine/other people's experience, this doesn't bear any relevance to me perosnally, tobe honest. Most people pay lots of money to own a timeshare, with the maintenance, in addition, with Club Seasons you have that chance not to pay for the membership. And it's not just a case of 'paying' the money, it is actually an investment for the long term future, like shares. You either gain from it (in 1 way or another) or you make a loss. We just happened to make a gain, like other people, and it's not just the money, more importantly, it was our experiences that we gained on our holidays and the fact that this can be left in our will but when booking through a travel agent we know we won't get this. Neither will they give you a chance to get a profit in the future. It's not different to people who I know who have personally gone on holidays and spent thousands for the same type of accomodation, but that's their choice, and they can afford it and are not bothered, no problems really!! I think some people are actually scared of entering a contract and saying to people that 'they own a timeshare' because of so many bad reputations from a few companies in the past but it's up to that individual not to get swayed that way.

So, have to say, you're wrong about my financial investment, we personally gained from it. If you got feedback from other people saying otherwise, yeah that happens, but that's life....no different to investing in stocks and shares or anything else in general right down to the people who we associate with, it's all a gamble I'm afraid. But I have to correct you there with regards to assuming that it's always a bad financial investment or isn't a financial investment. What's funny is, sooooooo many people are booking up on the internet to villas/apartments that are owned by people who most likely timeshare / property owners and it's those holiday people who are paying off that financial investment for those owners. Same thing applies for the travel agents, they have connections with the resorts, negotiate their commission and you pay for it on their behalf. Either way, some one will win, and someone will lose depending on how you look at it.

What made me laugh the most was about the feedback for August being tatty and unpeasant and if raining then there's nothing to do for the kids!!!! I mean, come on, are we all 3 year olds or wot?!! People are told in advance what the resort facilities are, so if they're not happy with that, then why did they book and go then? Why didn't they just cancel or just not be a member? There's no shame in that, no-one's saying it's for everyone are they???!!!!. And you can't blame the company for the weather and then saying that there's nothing to do, after they've told you what they can offer. My personal holiday feedback is....it's hardly rained (2 days at most), been beautiful weather, there are lots of things to do for the kids (we always check these out before booking) and the quality of the resort certainly does not get any less tatty just cos it's August!!! They have the same level of cleaning I'm afraid, same duration, same schedule! Maybe those people chose to stay tatty accomodations or just had bad luck but not me! So I won't be associated with those I'm afraid, doesn't mean anything to me. More importantly, we don't chose to stay on our !!!! at the resort everyday, we actually go out and venture the islands to visit local activity and learn about the different cultures. If people can't be bothered to go out but want to stay at a resort, then maybe, before booking, they should check the facilities first and think, 'is this going to be aqequate enough for the family' and to check out the local area at least. It's no different to booking any other holiday!

Britain is hardly the best place for sun either!, it rains here also and it also has it's fair share of tatty places, no different....and costs more. All depends on where you go, the month of year shouldn't make that much of a difference unless the weather is going to be such a dramatic change, which when in that case, people should check before they go and they only have themselves to blame, not the resort.

All there is to it. some people lose with timeshares. some don't. nothing bad with that. similar to those with owning their property, some lose their property, some don't, some enjoy where they are living, some don't, the list can go on, see my point?!
  • mpython
    mpython Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    srm wrote: »
    Hello again! I have to laugh!!! sorry! but it sounds more of a case of people just believing other people and that's it really. Compared to mine/other people's experience, this doesn't bear any relevance to me perosnally, tobe honest.

So why should we believe you but not the owner of this website (who has saved people thousands of pounds) who says

Don't touch them with a bargepole

Most people pay lots of money to own a timeshare, with the maintenance, in addition, with Club Seasons you have that chance not to pay for the membership.

& what research do you base this statement on? I think most people do not pay lots of money to own a timeshare as most people know they are poor value for money. As you're obviously involved with Clubseasons from your extensive personal knowledge, can you tell us how many people joined this year - and of those that joined, how many paid the £3750?
    And it's not just a case of 'paying' the money, it is actually an investment for the long term future, like shares. You either gain from it (in 1 way or another) or you make a loss.

In what possible way is it like shares? The only people that win are the timeshare management
    We just happened to make a gain, like other people, and it's not just the money, more importantly, it was our experiences that we gained on our holidays and the fact that this can be left in our will but when booking through a travel agent we know we won't get this.

Except with a travel agent or hotel you can cancel & get your money back - with this lot you don't get your booking/ service fees back
    I think some people are actually scared of entering a contract and saying to people that 'they own a timeshare' because of so many bad reputations from a few companies in the past but it's up to that individual not to get swayed that way.

No, its because they invariably turn out to be poor value for money - & you're wrong, there are a few long standing members here who own timeshares, but they don't try and persuade others to buy them as well.
    So, have to say, you're wrong about my financial investment,

No I don't. I think your wrong. If you want to disuade me, please detail the financial commitment you have made for us all to analyse & pass comment on.
    ....... What's funny is, sooooooo many people are booking up on the internet to villas/apartments that are owned by people who most likely timeshare / property owners and it's those holiday people who are paying off that financial investment for those owners.

Sounds like a pretty big assumptions - do you have figures to back this up? What % of internet bookings are with timeshare owners?
    .......What made me laugh the most was about the feedback for August being tatty and unpeasant and if raining then there's nothing to do for the kids!!!! I mean, come on, are we all 3 year olds or wot?!! People are told in advance what the resort facilities are, so if they're not happy with that, then why did they book and go then? Why didn't they just cancel or just not be a member?

Because people like you pop up trying to persuade people to go & try it for themselves, then they're badly let down when they get there.
    There's no shame in that, no-one's saying it's for everyone are they???!!!!. And you can't blame the company for the weather and then saying that there's nothing to do, after they've told you what they can offer. My personal holiday feedback is....it's hardly rained (2 days at most), been beautiful weather, there are lots of things to do for the kids (we always check these out before booking) and the quality of the resort certainly does not get any less tatty just cos it's August!!! They have the same level of cleaning I'm afraid, same duration, same schedule! Maybe those people chose to stay tatty accomodations or just had bad luck but not me! So I won't be associated with those I'm afraid, doesn't mean anything to me. More importantly, we don't chose to stay on our !!!! at the resort everyday, we actually go out and venture the islands to visit local activity and learn about the different cultures. If people can't be bothered to go out but want to stay at a resort, then maybe, before booking, they should check the facilities first and think, 'is this going to be aqequate enough for the family' and to check out the local area at least. It's no different to booking any other holiday!

Britain is hardly the best place for sun either!, it rains here also and it also has it's fair share of tatty places, no different....and costs more. All depends on where you go, the month of year shouldn't make that much of a difference unless the weather is going to be such a dramatic change, which when in that case, people should check before they go and they only have themselves to blame, not the resort.

No one is saying the timeshare management are responsible for the weather, but if they are targeting families, then, its reasonable to expect a range of facilities for kids of all ages. Laughing at potential customers misfortunate is no way to win friends here.
    All there is to it. some people lose with timeshares. some don't. nothing bad with that. similar to those with owning their property, some lose their property, some don't, some enjoy where they are living, some don't, the list can go on, see my point?!

Perhaps, again, you could provide some figures for how many win versus how many lose? From the evidence of this & other threads, it would seem the vast majority lose, which is why Martin says:

Don't touch them with a bargepole

Now maybe you can go back to sending out some more recorded delivery envelopes pretending to offer a fabulaous prize that you have to pay for.
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure