Options
13»

Comments

• timbo1955
    timbo1955 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    mgdavid wrote: »
    I can access that website just fine.
    Following 'Contact centre' then provides an option 'I wish to make a complaint'
    Follow that and it says:
    ' To find the contact details for our customer centre team responsible for your policy, please enter the name of the company your policy was with before it became part of Phoenix Life e.g Cornhill, or select your provider by clicking on full list.'
    As others have said there are literally dozens and dozens of old companies on the list - it obviously does matter who you were with.
    Have you made a formal complaint yet?

PS - I had an old pension which ended up with Phoenix, when I retired I was going to transfer it out - until I asked and found out it had a guaranteed annuity rate of over 8%, so of course I stuck with them. Happy days !

Yes, I can get around the Phoenix site but not the SOLA one. Even just trying the basic root w...secure-on-line-access. etc - I can't write addresses here - I am warned off by Chrome. So that is nothing to do with my particular account, just SOLA overall. So not at all naff dunstonh.

All my pensions have ended up with Phoenix and the only one with a guarantee will pay 9.25%. Sounds great but virtually no bonuses have been added for many years so the eventual payment would only be the same as the other funds if I bought an annuity with those funds - which I have no intention of doing. They would pay a lower percentage but the fund would be much larger.
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Bit of research never having heard of "secure online access"....

The website comes up with an error when I try to access it from Firefox. It appears that it is owned by Pearl Group Services Ltd (Diligenta Ltd). Diligenta is owned by Tata Consulting Services, not Phoenix. It appears that Phoenix is their customer. Perhaps SOLA is no longer in use, have you asked Phoenix Customer Support?
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    timbo I have no idea what you are doing, but i can find no reference or hotlink to 'secure online access' or 'SOLA' and neither of these terms even appear in the Site Map.
    Are you able to explain it better?
    In case you hadn't twigged, you can write URLs as a newbie by simply inserting the odd space in the first bit, or omit the http://w and just start with ww.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I have just tried logging in to https://www.secure-online-access.net/NPI from an IPAD. It works fine. Do the same thing from firefox/Windows-10 and it fails. Make of that what you will!
  • timbo1955
    Options
    Linton wrote: »
    Bit of research never having heard of "secure online access"....

The website comes up with an error when I try to access it from Firefox. It appears that it is owned by Pearl Group Services Ltd (Diligenta Ltd). Diligenta is owned by Tata Consulting Services, not Phoenix. It appears that Phoenix is their customer. Perhaps SOLA is no longer in use, have you asked Phoenix Customer Support?

Bless you! Someone actually believes me and doesn't just tell me I'm wrong without thinking. At least I know that it's not just me.

Pearl was, of course, one of the companies whose funds Phoenix took over and Pearl, Diligenta and Phoenix Peterborough all share[d] a very similar, if not the same, address so I wouldn't want to hazzard a guess as to their relationship, but I'd imagine it is, or has been, closer than just customer and service provider. Oddly you can email SOLA but not Phoenix, though you can get no sense from either. Over the years, when the site was working, I asked Phoenix a [very] few questions via Enquiries but I don't think I ever had a reply. If you wanted them to listen you had to use the Complaint option, even if you weren't complaining. I hope that makes things clearer for mgdavid too, though if he'd looked a bit harder on Phoenix's website - it took me about fifteen seconds - he'd have found a page devoted to SOLA, ww-.phoenixlife.co.uk/customer-centre/PeterboroughP/secure-online-access#pearl-assurance, saying;

"Secure online access
    With Secure Online Access, you can see at a glance the policies you have invested with us, view statements and policy details, change your personal details, view and request policy values or quotations – all at the touch of a button.
    Register and log in for Secure Online Access
    For more information about Secure Online Access please contact us."

If only all that were true, it hasn't worked properly for years.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 March 2017 at 2:15PM
    Options
    Bless you! Someone actually believes me and doesn't just tell me I'm wrong without thinking. At least I know that it's not just me.

I didn't disbelieve you, having tried the link through Chrome and got the same result.

However, the only way of resolving your query seemed to be to go to the Phoenix website to get information/phone/e-mail contact details etc.

Via IE on my mac and using the address supplied by Linton, I get to the FAQ page

I have registered but am unable to log in.

1) When you first login please make sure that you have entered your User ID, password and activation code correctly. Please remember that all of these are case sensitive. (Do not mix upper case with lower case. For example cust123 and CUST123 are different).
    2) Your account might be locked after several unsuccessful attempts to log in. If this is the case, please call our UK-based Customer Contact Centre who will reset your account.
    3) If you have forgotten your User ID or password, you can reset them online. Please click on the appropriate link under Help on the login screen.

2) Browsing issues

Cannot access website
    1) You may have a message saying "System is down for maintenance purposes ". In that case please re-try later.

Unable to find any policies or some policies after you log in
    1) This service will only display information for live policies .
    2) Another explanation is that not all of the online options are currently available for all of the policies.
    3) To resolve your query, please call our UK-based Customer Contact Centre on 0845 605 0226 between 9am and 6pm, Monday to Friday (excluding UK bank holidays). Calls are charged at local rates from a BT landline. If you are calling us from outside of the UK, please call +44 1733 470470.

3) Contact Us :

Email : You are welcome to email us by accessing the Phoenix website http://www.phoenixlife.co.uk/customer-centre.aspx?howto=true. and clicking on the 'contact us' section where a pre formatted form can be completed and submitted to us.

Phone : You may phone our UK-based Customer Contact Centre for ex Pearl, London Life and NPI policyholders on 0845 605 0226 between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding UK bank holidays). Calls are charged at local rates from a BT landline. If you are calling us from outside of the UK, please call +44 1733 470470.

Write : For ex Pearl, London Life and NPI clients, you can write directly to us at Lynch Wood Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FY.

: For ex Royal and Sun Alliance clients,you can write directly to us at PO Box 1243, Peterborough PE2 2LD

but it having seen the above seems to me that as things stand you may still just have to contact them through the Phoenix link.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    timbo1955 wrote: »
    ....... I hope that makes things clearer for mgdavid too, though if he'd looked a bit harder on Phoenix's website - it took me about fifteen seconds - he'd have found a page devoted to SOLA, ww-.phoenixlife.co.uk/customer-centre/PeterboroughP/secure-online-access#pearl-assurance, saying;

"Secure online access
    With Secure Online Access, you can see at a glance the policies you have invested with us, view statements and policy details, change your personal details, view and request policy values or quotations – all at the touch of a button.
    Register and log in for Secure Online Access
    For more information about Secure Online Access please contact us."

If only all that were true, it hasn't worked properly for years.

You have spent days telling us it doesn't matter which provider you were with; however it does.
    A little examination of the website and the URLs that appear in the address bar AFTER a link is selected show that in fact it 'remembers' where you've been previously.
    Because you were with Pearl and had at some point in the past selected it from the dropdown menu, it automatically plugs in the PeterboroughP part of the URL you have quoted above. Only then do you get to a page which has the 'secure online access' option in the lefthand sidebar.
    But you hadn't told us about Pearl, so I just got as far as the providers dropdown menu, at which point I asked who you were with; I could go no further.
    Some of us do know what we are talking about, there is no need to be so defensive when you are asked simple questions.

I'm out.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • timbo1955
    Options
    You have spent days telling us it doesn't matter which provider you were with; however it does.
    A little examination of the website and the URLs that appear in the address bar AFTER a link is selected show that in fact it 'remembers' where you've been previously.
    Because you were with Pearl and had at some point in the past selected it from the dropdown menu, it automatically plugs in the PeterboroughP part of the URL you have quoted above. Only then do you get to a page which has the 'secure online access' option in the lefthand sidebar.
    But you hadn't told us about Pearl, so I just got as far as the providers dropdown menu, at which point I asked who you were with; I could go no further.
    Some of us do know what we are talking about, there is no need to be so defensive when you are asked simple questions.

I'm out.

Blimey, we don't like being wrong do we!

I haven't spent "days" telling you anything, I only joined yesterday.

I always tell Phoenix not to remember my choice of Pearl, hadn't been on the site for ages before checking what you wrote and regularly clear cookies at my end. I just followed a couple of links and found the SOLA page. Or you can find it simply by 'Googling the current site' once you've found the home page.

I did tell you about Pearl. Anyway, the problem isn't limited to Pearl.

It still doesn't matter a fig who the fund was with as, as I said, I can't get on to the SOLA site regardless. I had to keep repeating myself because someone kept saying the opposite. And it's not just me, which is really all I wanted to know.

I'm out.

Good for you, honesty is the best policy.
    Thanks to anyone who said anything helpful. Cheers.
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Just tried secure-online-access.net and got a security message from FireFox:-
    https://www.secure-online-access.net uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it was signed using a signature algorithm that was disabled because that algorithm is not secure. Error code: SEC_ERROR_CERT_SIGNATURE_ALGORITHM_DISABLED

So this is a classic security issue as to what the browser will and will not let you do. The handling of the error is up to the browser. Some, like FireFox, dont really want you to continue while others will not even tell you about it unless you check the security settings for the page (normally a button by the "go forwards" button at the top left.

Internet Explorer does let me go thereeven though it is a seriously bad idea and brings up the NPI login page. Looking at the security details in IE (File, Property) shows that it is using TLS 1.0 which you really, really dont want to use (see the "POODLE" exploit).

You really need to contact Phoenix Life to get this fix. Using a rubbish browser (such as IE) to access a site with security issues isnt the way to go, they must fix this to continue offering the service.

Time to shift the pension?
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »
    I3) To resolve your query, please call our UK-based Customer Contact Centre on 0845 605 0226 between 9am and 6pm, Monday to Friday (excluding UK bank holidays). Calls are charged at local rates from a BT landline.
    Calls to 0845 numbers haven't been 'local rate' since 2004. This is a premium rate number with an Access Charge and a Service Charge.

The call cost declaration is in breach of Ofcom's conditions binding non-providers which came into force on 1 July 2015. Calls can cost up to 20p/min from landlines or up to 62p/min from mobiles.

Most organisations have replaced their 0845 numbers with the matching 0345 number.
    xylophone wrote: »
    If you are calling us from outside of the UK, please call +44 1733 470470.
    Unless they have actively blocked calls from the UK, this number should also work from within the UK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure