NatWest Timescale

Options
Hi

FTB here 😊
Had an aip, Did our application 10days ago, Solicitors have said searches have began and have received draft contract from the vendors solicitors. The estate agent had said that a surveyor had called to do a valuation on the house.

Although things seem to be progressing I still feel we are miles away from where want to be, and will it ever even happen.

Does anyone know how long it might take for the mortgage offer to happen? I have heard NatWest we're quite slow with a friend of mine. Does anybody have any experience with Natwest?

Tia

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    When was the application submitted?
    When was the valuation carried out?

I think Natwest are pretty quick. If the val has been instructed thats a pretty good sign.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • spidereyes
    Options
    It was a couple of years ago now but from first mortgage appointment to mortgage offer it took 13 days from NatWest.
    I don't know if it's true but I was told at the time if the valuation was instructed then the application was successful from a credit check/ financial point of view and it was just subject to survey
  • Jaspercat17
    Options
    Mortgage app was made on Monday 9th January, estate agent had said the surveyor had called to arrange a viewing on the property Saturday 21st Jan so I'm hoping the valuation had been done this week.

I'm so hoping this is pain free and happens soon. I was thinking mortgage apps might be quiet at the moment with Christmas just gone, so may have been done sooner.. I'm a nervous wreck this wait is painful lol.
  • Jaspercat17
    Options
    Just spoken to the estate agent she said the valuation was done on Tuesday 24th and should be due back either today, Monday or Tuesday. Fingers crossed all has gone well.
  • ashp_2
    ashp_2 Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just spoken to the estate agent she said the valuation was done on Tuesday 24th and should be due back either today, Monday or Tuesday. Fingers crossed all has gone well.

Good luck!

We applied to Santander on 19th and recieved full mortgage offer on the 26th only took 7 days. I was surprised how quick it was!
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    You may hear today, if not then it should be monday.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Jaspercat17
    Options
    Thank you, I hope we do. I'm even driving home on my lunch time to check if the post man has been. Haha
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure