Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Paloma
    • By Former MSE Paloma 8th Jul 15, 5:55 PM
    • 526Posts
    • 245Thanks
    Former MSE Paloma
    MSE News: Summer Budget 2015: New National Living Wage to be introduced
    • 8th Jul 15, 5:55 PM
    MSE News: Summer Budget 2015: New National Living Wage to be introduced 8th Jul 15 at 5:55 PM
    A new National Living Wage will be introduced from April 2016 but it's not all it's cracked up to be...

Read the full story:

Summer Budget 2015: New National Living Wage to be introduced

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 1
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 8th Jul 15, 7:59 PM
    • 7,101 Posts
    • 19,946 Thanks
    Doc N
    • 8th Jul 15, 7:59 PM
    • 8th Jul 15, 7:59 PM
    More Tory lies then - dressing up an increase in the Minimum Wage and pretending it's the Living Wage.

Brilliant - for a con artist!
  • archived user
    • 8th Jul 15, 8:09 PM
    • 8th Jul 15, 8:09 PM
    Why even bother calling it a Living Wage?

He just confused everyone when he said it. I didn't know if he mean't to say Minimum Wage....but got his words mixed up.

It's a Minimum Wage.....an increase in the Minimum wage, which is a good thing. Why the need to make out it's a Living Wage.
    • Elsterap
    • By Elsterap 15th Jul 15, 2:57 AM
    • 93 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    Elsterap
    • 15th Jul 15, 2:57 AM
    • 15th Jul 15, 2:57 AM
    Martin says that the real living wage is £7.85. He ignores that this is higher in London and that 7.85 assumes all other factors being as before. Eg Tax credits. So actually it should be much more than 7.85 now!
    • pegginout
    • By pegginout 10th Nov 15, 6:13 PM
    • 968 Posts
    • 1,483 Thanks
    pegginout
    • 10th Nov 15, 6:13 PM
    • 10th Nov 15, 6:13 PM
    While I am extremely happy for people on min wage to get this increase, what happens about everyone else?When the min wage came out at £3 (if I remember rightly) I was on £5.80 an hour, nearly double.
    Yet their wage has increased at a faster rate than mine, meaning I am now going to be 91p an hour better off than someone on min wage.
    It doesn't seem right from my point of view ��
    Martin Lewis Rocks!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,664Users online

Martin's Twitter