iSoftStone

Comments

• MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I was speaking to my friend who also got this e-mail this morning, but it would make sense as she said she went on v early this morning to begin doing the tests and the questions it was asking (and more importantly the answers they gave) did not tally up to the guidelines. I.e. they would refer to completely incorrect example numbers or mention examples which didn't exist in the guideline. So it sounds like either the guidelines had been updated and the practice test hadn't been, or vice-versa.

So at least it gives you guys more time!

That's interesting to know. The guidelines did appear to have been put together VERY recently. But then I assumed the practice questions would've been as well, considering we seem to be pretty much the first batch of people taking the test..

Oh, and for some weird reason, I've been thinking that today (or should I say yesterday) was Friday. And that Wednesday was Thursday, etc. (At least in terms of this qualification process, anyway. :)) So hopefully they will be able to get it all sorted out before the weekend after all.
  • Maktina
    Maktina Posts: 103 Forumite
    ISS seems to be in the process of putting things together so it might take longer than usual to get things moving. Hiccups should be expected. I also didn't receive a reply after sending back the signed NDA.

Still, being early days means that we're more likely to keep our jobs as we're first in the door...
  • MallRat
    MallRat wrote: »
    So hopefully they will be able to get it all sorted out before the weekend after all.

Or not.

Am still waiting for them to give me the green light to proceed on to the practice test. Suppose I'm unlikely to hear anything until Monday morning at the earliest now, but of course will need to keep constantly checking my email anyway in case the unexpected happens. As you only get 3/4 days to complete the entire qualification process, I can't exactly risk losing out on any of that time. :angry:
    271906 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Still heard nothing... so assuming they don't want to proceed my application for some reason :(
  • MallRat
    271906 wrote: »
    Still heard nothing... so assuming they don't want to proceed my application for some reason :(

I don't think that's the problem.

I was due to start working on the practice set on Thursday morning, only to find they'd emailed me to say do nothing yet until further notice. Am still waiting to hear from them again. :angry:
    Maybe.. just seems some people who applied at the same time have been sent guidelines etc, and I never received a reply to the NDA send-back.
  • MallRat
    Maybe.. just seems some people who applied at the same time have been sent guidelines etc, and I never received a reply to the NDA send-back.

I'm wondering if maybe the qualification process needs to start and end on a certain day of the week. So, when they realised there was a problem with the practice set, that automatically meant everything being pushed back 7 days. If so, we'd all be likely to hear from them again on Wednesday, I suppose..

Just something that came to mind.
  • Maktina
    Maktina Posts: 103 Forumite
    I've just received my guideline pack. So far the first thing I've noticed: There are no stupid offby metrics! Just get a certain percentage correct (out of all ratings) and you're through.
    edited 22 July 2014 at 8:22AM
    Maybe shouldn't have been so cynical!

Also received the guidelines this morning!

Now finding the motivation to take them in...
  • MallRat
    Maktina wrote: »
    I've just received my guideline pack. So far the first thing I've noticed: There are no stupid offby metrics! Just get a certain percentage correct (out of all ratings) and you're through.
    Maybe shouldn't have been so cynical!

Also received the guidelines this morning!

Now finding the motivation to take them in...

Yay! :D

Nothing in my inbox from them yet.. Would've been nice to be informed as to what's going on, but at least I now know they're still out there. Looks like maybe they're allowing the rest of you to catch up, and then we'll all get to take the exam together. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback