Free Sky Sports for existing Sky customers this weekend

Options
What's the deal?

This weekend Sky's offering all subscribers access to it's Sky Sports channels for free. No sign-up is necessary; just surf to the channels on Saturday and Sunday and lap up the sporting action.

What's on?

Happily, there's a pretty good sporting line-up this weekend:

Live Premier League football games:

Portsmouth vs. Liverpool
Manchester City vs. Aston Villa (this should be a particularly interesting game and its hoped Sven's dream team show the whole country what true blues are made of - no clues to who I support then!)

Coca-Cola Championship football games:

Plymouth Argyle vs. Cardiff City
Watford vs. Southampton

ICC World Twenty20 South Africa 2007 Cricket:

England vs. West Indies

Guiness Premiership Rugby:

Gloucester vs. Leicester

For full TV listings check out Sky Sports' TV Guide. Or it's Free Sky Sports promo page for more details of this offer.

Why is Sky doing this?

It's a freebie designed to make you want to subscribe to its service permanently, and to match Virgin's similar offer with Setanta Sports last week. If you do want to subscribe, it'll cost £17 extra per month.

The channels will be only be available to Sky customers who have some sort of subscription already. Unfortunately, if you only use a Sky box to get free channels, you won't be able to get the sports channels.

If you already get Sky Sports with your Sky package this offer will make no difference whatsoever: Sky will not be refunding you for this weekend's service.

threadbanner.gif
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• Reds_1903
    Options
    get Sky Sports free this weekend the 15th & 16 of Septmber

http://sports.sky.com/offers/skysportsweekend.htm
  • Wolverine
    Options
    wait - do you need top up tv for this? or do you watch online? Plus, it likes you might have to set up an online sky account. help please
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator
  • Stubert
    Stubert Posts: 733 Forumite
    Options
    Wolverine wrote: »
    wait - do you need top up tv for this? or do you watch online? Plus, it likes you might have to set up an online sky account. help please

you can't get Sky sports on TUTV...

It'd have to be sky. It doesn't seem to indicate anywhere on that site that you need an online account?
  • Reds_1903
    Options
    Stubert wrote: »
    you can't get Sky sports on TUTV...

It'd have to be sky. It doesn't seem to indicate anywhere on that site that you need an online account?

I am sure that it is only for Sky subscribers with the hope that they update their package to include Sky Sports
  • thriftychick
    Options
    We have Sky but only the free channels now. Do you think I have to do anything to get Sports for the weekend?
    Just when I'm about to make ends meet, somebody moves the ends
  • Reds_1903
    Options
    We have Sky but only the free channels now. Do you think I have to do anything to get Sports for the weekend?

According to the site you just have to switch over to the Sky Sports channels and you will get it but I would imagine you would have to have a sky card in the box to enabled the channels to be viewed

"This weekend, indulge in two whole days of exciting Sky Sports – all at no extra cost! It’s our treat to you, so all you need to do is switch on, sit back and enjoy the action. And with big games from Barclays Premier League football. Guinness Premiership rugby and Twenty20 cricket, there’s loads to choose from. Just don’t forget to walk the dog...!"
  • Tha_Business
    Options
    Thanks Very Much!!
    Me And My Little Brother Will Indulge In This All Weekend I'm Sure!!
    Need A Freebie? - Meet 'Tha Business'

I Made A Helpful Post?..
    Click The Thanks Button :eek:

"Tha Business Is More Fun Than Naked Twister" - Anonymous
  • Stubert
    Stubert Posts: 733 Forumite
    Options
    Reds_1903 wrote: »
    According to the site you just have to switch over to the Sky Sports channels and you will get it but I would imagine you would have to have a sky card in the box to enabled the channels to be viewed

I'm sure you'd have to be a has sky subscriber and not just have FreeSat which I assume thriftychick has.
  • Nomee
    Nomee Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    If you are cricket fan switch to SKY channel 815 at about 5 PM Uk time or close to it and in the lineup you will find twenty twenty action live telecast. I am afraid the commentry is in Urdu/hindi so you have to bear with that but still you can watch all the matches for free.

Hope this helps
  • Lord_Gardener
    Options
    Thanks, shame there are no decent football teams on the live games!:rotfl:
    I'm mad!!!! :rotfl::jand celebrating everyday every year!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure