We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cashbax - Should I take the gamble and go self empolyed with them?

Options

Comments

• DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    Options
    Richardc wrote: »
    The only people I see condemning this are people who are ignorant of how the financial markets work. Here's how this works in a simple way for all to understand... The seller advertises products and services with cashbax - this can be 100% or just 10% - in 7 years time. The buyer buys the product and the seller has to pay a marketing fee relevant to the reward in 7 years. In 7 years, the seller gets their marketing fee back + some profit and the buyer gets their reward. Here's the sticky bit - Cashbax take the money an pass it to a financial institution. Some of the top traders in the world use that money to make more - lots more. Now, most people don't understand how that works, and that is fine, and they only hear of the rogue traders that loose billions. Ok, but, for everyone that loses, there are those tha tgain. With Cashbax, their traders are returning a good profit. If it is a scam, why would the sales people coming in not have to pay? If it is a scam, why can the interested parties take part payments early if they wish...? I am in and so far, thir promises have held. You stay on the side lines if you wish - not everyone has the courage to see a new venture for what it is and wants to damn it all the way. Those people stay poor and whine everyday. your call
    I don't think that 'explanation' takes anyone's understanding further forward. Essentially, we were thinking Cashbax had the money for 7 years and did something incomprehensible with it to make it fulfil the promise. Now we learn that Cashbax give it to some clever people for 7 years who do something even cleverer with it, because they have to take their cut too.

I suppose the explanation of that mystery is that they give the money to even cleverer people who make even more. And then they give it to the man who does the Indian rope trick and disappears with the money. Which is inexplicable.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't think that 'explanation' takes anyone's understanding further forward. Essentially, we were thinking Cashbax had the money for 7 years and did something incomprehensible with it to make it fulfil the promise. Now we learn that Cashbax give it to some clever people for 7 years who do something even cleverer with it, because they have to take their cut too.

I suppose the explanation of that mystery is that they give the money to even cleverer people who make even more. And then they give it to the man who does the Indian rope trick and disappears with the money. Which is inexplicable.

It's such a good system that I can see it replacing mortgages in the next few years. You pay your mortgage company the marketing fee say 30% of house price. In just seven years those cleverer people would have made amazing gains that the bank who gave you the mortgage own investment staff could not do. It would be enough to clear the remaining 70% of your mortgage and get this they also give you the 30% marketing fee back.

Normal mortgages are so last year
  • FATBALLZ
    FATBALLZ Posts: 5,146 Forumite
    Options
    You have to ask why if these people can make a 4% a month return on any amount of money, they don't just get a bank loan for a few million quid at 5% pa and make loads of profit, rather than wrapping it in in some elaborate scheme that makes no sense that they have to sell to both consumers and businesses.
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    FATBALLZ wrote: »
    You have to ask why if these people can make a 4% a month return on any amount of money, they don't just get a bank loan for a few million quid at 5% pa and make loads of profit, rather than wrapping it in in some elaborate scheme that makes no sense that they have to sell to both consumers and businesses.

I would suspect because it is bullsh!t.
  • Stymie
    Stymie Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    CapJ wrote: »
    Here is the killer argument - lending, even on mortgages is not risk free. Prime mortgages (low risk) have interest rates of approximately 4-6% for new lending. So if Forex trading with an interest rate of 4% a month is truly so risk free, how come all the banks with all their millions and super clever traders don't put all their money into Forex instead of just a small part?

Banks have millions of super clever traders - really!!!!!!
    You sure about this??
  • Stymie
    Options
    ILW wrote: »
    I would suspect because it is bullsh!t.

I doubt the bank would lend them the money........
  • Stymie
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    It's such a good system that I can see it replacing mortgages in the next few years. You pay your mortgage company the marketing fee say 30% of house price. In just seven years those cleverer people would have made amazing gains that the bank who gave you the mortgage own investment staff could not do. It would be enough to clear the remaining 70% of your mortgage and get this they also give you the 30% marketing fee back.

Normal mortgages are so last year

you're getting there slowly.........
  • CapJ
    CapJ Posts: 264 Forumite
    Options
    Stymie wrote: »
    Banks have millions of super clever traders - really!!!!!!
    You sure about this??

Much surer than I am that CashBax will make any money!

Let me put it like this, the banks I have invested it have made money every year, including during the crisis. They have retail arms and wholesale arms. These continue to make money.

All of which is besides the point. If Cash bax really can make as much money as they claim why not do it? Why do they need a complicated scheme to attract money? Get people to invest the money in the underlying trading process if it actually works! The fact that you have tried to set up a cashback scheme to get access to people's money to trade with, instead of just getting investment, shows how little you would be able to convince people you can make money - and that is because you can't. People that believe they can make the sort of money you seem to think you can make normally lose everything.
  • Stymie
    Options
    Richardc wrote: »
    The only people I see condemning this are people who are ignorant of how the financial markets work. Here's how this works in a simple way for all to understand... The seller advertises products and services with cashbax - this can be 100% or just 10% - in 7 years time. The buyer buys the product and the seller has to pay a marketing fee relevant to the reward in 7 years. In 7 years, the seller gets their marketing fee back + some profit and the buyer gets their reward. Here's the sticky bit - Cashbax take the money an pass it to a financial institution. Some of the top traders in the world use that money to make more - lots more. Now, most people don't understand how that works, and that is fine, and they only hear of the rogue traders that loose billions. Ok, but, for everyone that loses, there are those tha tgain. With Cashbax, their traders are returning a good profit. If it is a scam, why would the sales people coming in not have to pay? If it is a scam, why can the interested parties take part payments early if they wish...? I am in and so far, thir promises have held. You stay on the side lines if you wish - not everyone has the courage to see a new venture for what it is and wants to damn it all the way. Those people stay poor and whine everyday. your call

Traders can make huge profits but direct access to them is scarce. Proof of funds, usually £1000,000+, none disclosure agreements and flying half way around the world can get you in the same room for a short time. Most people on this thread seem scared that someone might have actually created a concept that could work. I would still like to see a proper franchise set up. There must be stacks of people who have fallen out of the finance sector who could see an opportunity here? Maybe I am plain gullible but nobody ever got rich by sitting on the fence of bleating from their sofas.
    I am not affiliated to cashbax in any way but have made an enquiry through their website this evening.
  • Stymie
    Options
    CapJ wrote: »
    Much surer than I am that CashBax will make any money!

Let me put it like this, the banks I have invested it have made money every year, including during the crisis. They have retail arms and wholesale arms. These continue to make money.

All of which is besides the point. If Cash bax really can make as much money as they claim why not do it? Why do they need a complicated scheme to attract money? Get people to invest the money in the underlying trading process if it actually works! The fact that you have tried to set up a cashback scheme to get access to people's money to trade with, instead of just getting investment, shows how little you would be able to convince people you can make money - and that is because you can't. People that believe they can make the sort of money you seem to think you can make normally lose everything.

From what I see the system is not that complicated. All new businesses need stimulus up front, their system looks pretty clever to me. Like I said earlier, call me nieive but count me in soon......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport