'Bank and Credit Card Charges go Global' blog discussion

Options
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's "Bank and Credit Card Charges go Global" blog. Please read the blog first, as the discussion follows it.

Comments

• Kiwi_Chick_2
    Options
    I am a New Zealander, but have been living in the UK for 11 years. All of my family are in New Zealand - what do you need to know and I'll see if I can send my sister on a mission ...
  • Mr_Alwyne_Morton
    Options
    I have been unable to put a question although registered.
    My question is:
    I have recently failed to put money into a pay and display car park and have been served with a penalty notice. No excuses there. However the original charge shouuld have been 20p (twenty pence) for up to two hours and I was on the park for about 30 miinutes only. The penalty notice I received was for £60 but reduced to £30 if paid within 28 days. I have formally appealed but have been turned down and the authority will noty consider a second apeal unless I wait till the 28 days are up and my fee goes up to £60 and then I can appeal to an independent adjudicator. This is VERY weighted towards the authority, Stockport MBC.
    I consider this way out of line bearing in mind the campaign against unfair bank charges. Is there anything that can be done about it?

Alwyne Morton - telephone 01625 879355
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport