disposable income problems

Options
Hi,

I am currently looking for an unsecured loan of £10000 my credit record is ok (was a bit dodgy earlier this year due to unexpected illness which resulted in 5 months off work so no pay because I am self employed) I have viewed my credit score today though and its awful, due probably to my current comittments and what they think is my disposable income- thing is my disposable income has doubled in the past 6 months but how can I get this over to anybody looking at my file, because its not recorded there, also I have had to contact them because they are showing that I am not currently on the electoral role, but I am! I didn't send the form back last year because I was seriously ill but it's showing for previous years just not last year but I sent the frm back for this year for months ago!

Any iseas on this one please.:)

Comments

• ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    You are not going to get a £10,000 loan from any reputable lender with no accounts and a bad credit file.I would look at alternatives and not waste your time and effort.
  • denyse_marston
    Options
    I have my bank statements proving my income, and have recently repaid an earlier loan from my bank, thing is I think they just look at the credit file, I just wanted somebody to take account of my increased salary, on the credit file how do they actually know what I pay in each month?
  • danouk
    danouk Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    Credit files contain no indication of income.

There is a database that tracks the income you claim to have on each credit application and will raise red flags if there are unusual variations in this number, but there is no marker on the credit file about income.

ILW is right, with a non-perfect credit history and no accounts you will not get a 10k unsecured loan .

And stop paying for credit scores! Waste of money. When you want to check your credit file, get the £2 statutory reports.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure