We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

mortgage lenders that consider goverment benefits as income

Options
2»

Comments

• VIGILANT22
    VIGILANT22 Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Options
    Annisele wrote: »
    To be fair to the OP, he might not realise that what he wants to do is fraudulent.

He might just think that he can mention in conversation that he's splitting up with his partner, everyone will take him at his word, and all will be fine. He might not realise that the lender will ask him some specific questions about his plans, and that he'll have to explicitly confirm that he's told the truth.

All decent brokers will run a mile from this one once they find out what the OP wants to do. If they agree to help the OP lie to the lender, the broker may find a) that the lender refuses to deal with him again b) the regulator fines him and bans him from working as a broker and c) he's got a criminal conviction. They won't risk that for £70!

Quote: im trying to find one with as low fees as possible lookin to do the fglat up and hopefuly sell or my bro can live in it dont want a buy to let
    thats the thing the mortgage lenders dont know that im buying it to do it up. im saying that my partner and i are spliting up

Annisele...he knows exactly what he is doing, otherwise why would he say the above....why lie?

Andy....So right....hallelujah I'm not the only one who thinks the same..:)
  • thegemsta
    thegemsta Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    theres always one aint there. what exactly am i doing that is fraudulent i have no idea what fraud i am commiting hopefuly somebody can tell me. if saying ur spliting up is fraud then hang me and shoot me hardly fraud to many folk are to PC
  • VIGILANT22
    VIGILANT22 Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Options
    thegemsta wrote: »
    theres always one aint there.

Yeah and on this occasion it is you!...

Gaining money by deception is fraud and if you look I am not the only one who has said it.

It is a real coincidence that the people who reply back to me abusively/rude are either trying to scam or have adverse credit...some correlation here.....you know exactly what yr doing otherwise you would not be trying to get money by deception....
  • thegemsta
    thegemsta Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    ur right i never thought of it that way funnily enough thats what i was told to say from a mortgage advisor as i phoned up a mortgage lender and told them my real plan and they said no so went to a mortgage advisor and he told me what to say ah well my plan is not goin to happen thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport