OR Interview tomorrow at 10am

Options
Well tomorrow is the day! My face to face interview with the OR is at 10am, hubby's was only around 20 minutes as he didn't have a clue about the finances as I deal with everything, so I am expecting a good couple of hours worth of grilling.

I know we will probably get slapped with a BRO as the OR told hubby that he reckons we have been living beyond our means for a couple of years even though we were meeting minimum payments.

Also we have a timeshare with Disney which I don't think he will look kindly on either, he has already said it will be sold, which im more gutted about that the BR, but hey ho!

I've been trying to get the papers ready for tomorrow that he wants for both of us, and I just can't get myself into it, im feeling quite despondent at the moment, I can't wait for tomorrow to be over to be honest.

Any spare crossed fingers you guys can give would be greatly appreciated :o

Comments

• philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    u105_good_luck.jpg

You'll be fine its not going to be half as bad as your imagining it will be!
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • micosmiling
    micosmiling Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Good luck with the phone call, was a grilling and I dreaded it and now with my IPA in hand 2days later my life is still down. Some people have good luck and some people don't. Hope you do.

Wish I could have more information to hand now or more help, stress/pressure killing me.
    I will try to keep smiling for you, me and the rest of us.
    Whats this country coming to.
    Micosmiling
  • powell16
    powell16 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    good luck, fingers crossed it wont be too long x
    bankrupt on 6th march 2009:o looking forward now to new beginnings:j
  • Damn_it
    Damn_it Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    All the best and remember this saying I used to use in the army when being beasted and stuff "at least they can't make me pregnant" :o

Unfortunately this will only apply to the male members of the army and forum sorry:p
    Bankrupt late Feb.:eek: Just over 5 months later,
    Early Discharge on the 03 August 2009.l:j
  • headoutofsand
    Options
    Reevesie76 wrote: »
    Well tomorrow is the day! My face to face interview with the OR is at 10am, hubby's was only around 20 minutes as he didn't have a clue about the finances as I deal with everything, so I am expecting a good couple of hours worth of grilling.

I know we will probably get slapped with a BRO as the OR told hubby that he reckons we have been living beyond our means for a couple of years even though we were meeting minimum payments.

Also we have a timeshare with Disney which I don't think he will look kindly on either, he has already said it will be sold, which im more gutted about that the BR, but hey ho!

I've been trying to get the papers ready for tomorrow that he wants for both of us, and I just can't get myself into it, im feeling quite despondent at the moment, I can't wait for tomorrow to be over to be honest.

Any spare crossed fingers you guys can give would be greatly appreciated :o

Good luck. Everyone has been living beyond their means for years including the Government. They and many others still are. Be honest and look him/her in the eyes. Ask a few questions. Starting with " May I ask you a question please" This usually throws people like this for a moment. It is they who like asking they are not used to you asking. Just a thought.
    Better to be poor than a slave to wealth

• Merry_Gentry
    Merry_Gentry Posts: 3,627 Forumite
    Options
    Hope it goes well - remember, don't waffle!
    Get free advice before embarking on bankruptcy: CCCS 0800 138 1111 National Debtline 0808 808 4000
    Business Debt Line 0800 197 6026 CAB Insolvency Service- 0845 602 9848
    "He who laughs last didn't get it!" :rotfl:BSC 134

• headoutofsand
    Options
    One of my favourites is " How do you mean" This can put them on hold for ages. They then will give a more detailed question back.

One has to be careful using this sort of Q&A technique. A question followed by a question answer is a skilled art used by very powerful people.

Just ask Peter Mandelson:eek:

• Reevesie76
    Reevesie76 Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    Well its all over with thank goodness. Not as bad as I thought it would be. I got to the Insolvency Office for 10am, was kept waiting til nearly 20 past, but the OR was nice enough, in his late 40s I would say. He isn't interested in my small business which is fantastic news. The house is safe as it has no equity. He did say that as my car is on HP that he can't do anything about it but they will write to the HP company to tell them of the BR and then its up to them. He said that it would look quite bad if i kept paying the finance on a £15K car and couldn't repay anything towards the creditors. I told him it wasn't the case of that I wanted to keep this particular car, it was a case of the fact that I didn't have the money to buy an alternative. I need a reliable car for my business, so buying a £500 banger isn't going to work for me. I did say that my parents may be able to help out with a small loan and he was happy with this and said that he would turn a blind eye to them purchasing a car for me. If the HP car goes then we will have a surplus of £290, which would mean a £180 IPA, which im happy with.

No restriction orders he thinks is great, and if all goes well a possible early discharge.

All in all it wasn't half as bad as i thought it would be. Heres to a happy more settled future.
  • headoutofsand
    Options
    Well done for getting through the interview. I would imagine you are very relieved now it's over.

• Merry_Gentry
    Merry_Gentry Posts: 3,627 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like you had a very reasonable chap :)
    Get free advice before embarking on bankruptcy: CCCS 0800 138 1111 National Debtline 0808 808 4000
    Business Debt Line 0800 197 6026 CAB Insolvency Service- 0845 602 9848
    "He who laughs last didn't get it!" :rotfl:BSC 134

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family