CostCo Membership???

Options
Hi,

Does anyone have any advice that would help me become a member of Costco. I have used their shops a number of times by going with a friend that has a card but they have now moved away. I save a fortune on Washing Powder/Toilet rolls etc. when bought in bulk.

My company does not have a membership and the web site says that only people in certain professions can join (and I am not in any of them).

Any ideas/experiences would be greatly received.

Thanks

Mark

Comments

• TimC
    TimC Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    IIRC schools can be members - can you make friends with a PTA member at a local school? :D
  • onedah
    onedah Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    markdavey wrote:
    Hi,
    My company does not have a membership and the web site says that only people in certain professions can join (and I am not in any of them).

I've just been on the costco website and cant see list of people in certain professions that can join?
  • markdavey
    markdavey Posts: 617 Forumite
    Options
    onedah wrote:
    I've just been on the costco website and cant see list of people in certain professions that can join?

So have I, they have completely removed the personal membership section of the website now, only listing Trade Membership. Anyone know if they are no longer taking personal members??
  • albreda
    albreda Posts: 260 Forumite
    Options
    markdavey wrote:
    So have I, they have completely removed the personal membership section of the website now, only listing Trade Membership. Anyone know if they are no longer taking personal members??

I was in their Edinburgh branch just a few weeks ago. They had the boards up detailing how non-trade people could join. Seemingly the list of occupations is wide enough for most people in employment to be able to get a membership.

Maybe those who think ther occupation doesn't qualify could use artistic licence? At about £27 per member + the extra business would Costco be that strict?
  • moomintroll_3
    Options
    I just joined my local costco by taking in a utility bill and some ID. No problem. Perhaps worth a go at your local? At least then you'll know what you need?
    Wot, no sig?
  • wazza
    wazza Posts: 2,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    any link to their website and whether they have a branch in nottingham?

thanxs
    Problem with having access to internet is that i get asked by many to solve their problems :( Well at least i learn something on the way :D
  • Sheel
    Sheel Posts: 45,671 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    www.costco.co.uk

They don't have one in Nottingham , but there's one in Derby
    Same old same old since 2008

• I'm not a professional (other than at drinking!!) and I am a member of costco. I pay an annual fee of about £20.00 (I think) & get 2 membership cards - you just have to ask for an individual membership and not a trade membership.
  • BLUis
    BLUis Posts: 773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    markdavey wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have any advice that would help me become a member of Costco. I have used their shops a number of times by going with a friend that has a card but they have now moved away. I save a fortune on Washing Powder/Toilet rolls etc. when bought in bulk.

Any ideas/experiences would be greatly received.

Thanks

Mark

Where abouts are you Mark?
    Married the absolute love of my life on Sunday May 6th and I couldnt be happier!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure