Travel Picnic Pack - HM present idea

Just found this while looking for picnic ideas. Looks like a good present idea for students, business people or anyone who travels around a lot. Old stylers will probably want to make the Bandanas themselves. ;)

T-towels will be easier to find but bandanas will dry quicker. Maybe a small microfibre towel instead? Marks and Spencers sell small 5pks of wet wipes. There is probably loads of cheap picnic cutlery around at the moment because it is the end of season. Ikea sells flexible cutting boards.

Comments

• Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I did a picnic 'hamper' for my sister and family the other year. I bought a 4 person picnic backpack with all the utentils etc in it, and added other bits to it, which were picnic rugs that folded into a bag (pound shop), frisbees, blow all ball -for the chidlren to play with), and finished it off with a bottle of plonk for sis and bil to go in wine cooler bit of the picnic rucksack and some soft drinks in novelty containers for the children (these I'd bought in France whilst on holiday) plus 2 teddy bears for the kids "teddy bears picnic" you see. :D
  • Blairweech
    Blairweech Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am about to do a picnic hamper for my auntie and uncle for Christmas - I bought a wicker hamper at the carboot today - it has a flap on one side, and two bottle holders on the other side. I think i will put two decent bottles of wine into it, and fill the other side with picnic things. But what? I was thinking maybe along the lines of honey, Hm pickle, some good cheese, a salami or something....I am quite stuck for ideas :)
    We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure