PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Mushroom lawn

Options
Help me - i keep getting mushrooms growing on my lawn - i've tried everything to get rid but they keep coming back - can anyone help me to get rid? :A

Comments

• Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    I've got them too. Three different sorts. The wood pigeons eat them. I just mow over them and don't worry.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • Curry_Queen
    Options
    Have you tried identifying them? You might find you can eat them! (or make a nice herbal tea :D )

Mowing over them will just release the spores back into the ground and then you'll have even more growing ;)

BTW, there is no easy remedy for removing them unless you want to replace your lawn and the soil in affected areas as the spores will already be present in the soil. The only thing you can do, if at all possible, is to change the environment of your garden so they don't have the right conditions to grow :confused:
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Ticklemouse
    Options
    On the other hand, you may find yourself getting a proper mushroom ring, that gets bigger and bigger. It's for the fairies to dance in, so leave well alone :D

I had one at my last house on my front lawn. Never did see a fairy though (well, of the small winged variety that is :D)
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    On the other hand, you may find yourself getting a proper mushroom ring, that gets bigger and bigger. It's for the fairies to dance in, so leave well alone :D

I had one at my last house on my front lawn. Never did see a fairy though (well, of the small winged variety that is :D)

I get a small mushrom ring and the grass is darker on the front lawn and I definitely don't want the two pub landlords (yes) dancing in it. :rotfl:
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • Curry_Queen
    Options

Oh definitely, you must leave them be for the fairies! :dance: :D

Personally, I would leave them well alone anyway unless you're worried about little fingers popping them into little mouths, or even big furries taking a nibble! :D
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure