PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Anniversary Treat Ideas

Options
It is my and the OH's anniversary at the end of next week and we are trying to think of ways of making the day special without spending too much. I especially want some help with pressie ideas as I am the only one of us working and he would hate me to give him money to buy me a present with.

We were thinking of setting a limit of £5 each and making a theme to the presents we had to buy. Something like buy 5 items, all costing £1 or less and each must represent something we love or perhaps find annoying about eachother. These could be silly things like a £1 pack of dusters for me as I am totally obsessed with our bedroom getting dusty as we have the oldest carpet in the world or a packet of Animal biscuits for him as these were our favourite munchy when we first got together at uni.

Or we could buy all the prssies from chairty shops? We could make anniversary stockings and buy presents small enough to fill a sock? (mind you he would get more cos his feet are bigger than mine)

If anyone else has any ideas or does similar things any help would be brilliant!

Comments

• Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    Options
    There may be some ideas on this thread you could use :

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=88315

Happy Anniversary :D How many years?
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • purplegirluk1
    Options
    We have been together two years. Thanks for directing me to that thread there are some nice ideas on there. I love the origami flowers idea, I think I will do that for my best friend who got married over the summer, it will take me that long to make the I bet!
  • Loadsabob
    Options
    I love the idea of "Five significant things for under a pound each" - I may use that myself some time! Lovely and romantic, and involves thought. Hope you have a lovely anniversary.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure