PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How to wrap my valentines gift?

Options
Tomorrow I'm going to make some cookies for my husband for Valentines day. I havent done any homebaking in a long time and I know he appreciates the effort, also the kids will join in and my husband loves all that.

So, when I have made said cookies and I get a batch that arent burned, does anyone have any suggestions for how to wrap them to make them look like a nice gift? I'm not sure I have anything in that I could use, but maybe I have.
“A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey

Comments

• nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Have you got any paper serviettes? You could wrap them in small batches and then tie them with a red bow. Good luck with the baking.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • nabowla
    nabowla Posts: 567 Forumite
    Options
    I'm hopeless at explaining craft ideas in writing, but here goes!

See if you can find a suitable sized box and cover with pretty wrapping paper. Line the inside with a large greaseproof crinkled tin liner (the sort that you'd use to line a cake tin or similar. They are sometimes coloured). Place the cookies inside the tin liner.

Take a pair of pinking shears (the zig-zag scissers) and cut out a small rectangle of card - coloured if you've got some left over. Write the name of the cookies on the label and stick on the inside of the box lid.

I wish I could show you a picture of the sort of thing I have in mind as it looks really good. Oh well!
  • SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What about a little basket, maybe one that houses cotton wool balls or something? Then wrap it in the cellophane stuff you can get from the florist (smile nicely at them and they should give you a yard or so for free), and then tie a red ribbon around it.

Or failing that, if you have any nice bowls or dishes, even a fruit bowl or a mixing bowl would do! - you could put in a bed of wrapped sweeties eg those Campino ones are nice - and put the cookies on top, then wrap with that clear cellophane stuff and red ribbon.

That's really lovely that you are going to the bother of making something, so much more meaningful than just buying a gift. I am sure he'll be delighted you are making an effort.
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I have a few ideas now. I have some serviettes, and I also have some nice white dishes and small plates that might look nice. Will have to go and get some cling film I think.

Thanks Snowy, my husband hates the whole thing about Valentines day but always gives me a present such as a book or something like smellies (never flowers they get sent on other days during the year). This year we have to cut back so I thought if I made something like that he will definitely appreciate it. I was inspired by the hampers threads :)
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    eat them and put a bow round your tummy :)
    Blah
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    If you are feeling really in the Valentines mood, serve them on an ordinary plate while wearing nothing but your best undies. He won't notice you haven't made an effort to wrap them up :o:D
    Here I go again on my own....
  • Pat__3
    Pat__3 Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Options
    Becles wrote:
    If you are feeling really in the Valentines mood, serve them on an ordinary plate while wearing nothing but your best undies. He won't notice you haven't made an effort to wrap them up

I think this sounds good Becles ;) but you could still add the bow that Vanoonoo suggested too.:)

I would definitely removed kids to another room or even out of the house, overnight stay somewhere.
    This then will ineffect give you chance to remove crumbs from said where abouts in secret.;) :D

Don't forget candles, nice & romantic with cookies.
  • Galtizz
    Galtizz Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    Options
    You can get sellophane from your local florist, you could stack them then wrap them in that tie with red ribbon at the top.
    When life hands you a lemon, make sure you ask for tequilla and salt ;)
  • Sofa_Sogood
    Options
    Could you cut the serviettes into heart shapes and lay the cookies on individually on a plate?
  • Sofa_Sogood
    Options
    Not if they're good serviettes though :o

:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business