PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

freecycle

Options
This may not be news to many of you here but http://www.freecycle.org/ offers waysto get free (used) stuff from people who no longer need it. what you get is saved money and cleaner environment since since the items you get or offer to others don't end up in landfills and used longer.

i used it and highly recommend it. visit their site for more details.

james

Comments

• arkonite_babe
    Options
    I've seen this site before, but it's not available for peeps in Northern Ireland :'(
  • madeonmoon
    Options
    arkonite,

could you be the one to start it?
  • elvis_bloggs
    Options
    Looks to me like it is just for people in North America. :'(
  • jat100
    jat100 Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    It's not just the U.S., click on the International section, then United Kingdom and then click on the nearest area to you.
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There isn't much information on the home page but I like the principal so I have applied to join, however the joing process is very faffy & I still have to get approved for membership :o
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • La_Fenice
    Options
    There isn't much information on the home page but I like the principal so I have applied to join, however the joing process is very faffy & I still have to get approved for membership :o

Ditto everything Lillibet just said!
    Nice to save.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    looks complicted, will see what others think before i give it a go.

thanks anyways
  • Plumpud_3
    Options
    I've just joined this, its not as complicated as it looks. There are some pretty good offers in my area too. Thanks for this link.
  • Foxy
    Foxy Posts: 10,840 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :(none near me
    It is not what you give your friend, but what you are willing to give him that determines the quality of friendship. -- Mary Dixon Thayer
  • madeonmoon
    Options
    I've just joined this, its not as complicated as it looks. There are some pretty good offers in my area too. Thanks for this link.

hey, you are welcome ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport