winter warmer hampers

Options
Anyone considering one of these might like to know that Whittards are selling a small box of coffee reduced to £1.50 called Winter Warmer, flavoured with chocolate and cinnamon they had a BB date of Aug 08 on my local branch.
Also in the range were Tia Maria ones, Irish Cream and something I can't now remember!
...it is not of more importance than daily life, which I have an enduring wish to make as useful and beautiful as possible.

Georgie Burne-Jones

Comments

• earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for that - I was thinking of doing something like that.

Boots have their Hot Chocolate Winter Warmer hamper in the sale (out of stock online though) - was £18, now £4.50.

The food is dated May 07, so you'd have eat that yourself (what a shame :p ), but you're left with a lovely red-lined wicker basket, an enamel lidded jug, and a balloon whisk - still worth the money, and the perfect start to a new hamper.

:)
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • boots also have all there winter warmer toiletries sets 75%

i got 2 x £8 and 1 x £12 for only £7

i will be able to add the bits to quite a few baskets

Nic x
  • durham_girl
    durham_girl Posts: 2,715 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone considering one of these might like to know that Whittards are selling a small box of coffee reduced to £1.50 called Winter Warmer, flavoured with chocolate and cinnamon they had a BB date of Aug 08 on my local branch.
    Also in the range were Tia Maria ones, Irish Cream and something I can't now remember!

Along with the coffees mentioned above are Cinnamon cappucino, double choc truffle and amaretto

HTH!
    :j30/7/10:j

:j24/1/14 :j
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anyone who fancies adding a small (or large;)) bottle of HM mulled wine to their Winter hampers, I have been perfecting my recipe (it's a hard job but someone had to do all those tastings:p) and by common consent this is the best recipe & keeps if re-bottled in a air tight bottle :

3 parts red wine
    1 part port (elderberry if you can get it but ordinary works fine if not)
    2 large cinnamon sticks
    3 peices blade mace
    3 cloves
    2-5 tablespoons caster/granulated sugar according to taste & wine used (requires testing;))

Bring all to a slow boil stirring well then immediately drop the heat to low as poss & allow to simmer for approx 10 mins. Strain to remove spices, allow to cool, bottle & add back in the cinnamon sticks. Can be re-heated to required temp (do not boil)with slices of orange if liked.

HTH;)

Hic.
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure