PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

I'm stumped...

Options
I need to cook a main course for 4 adults and 2 children on saturday evening and I'm stumped for inspiration...nothing to posh, but no fussy eaters either...what would you do?
{Signature removed by Forum Team}

Comments

• floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Something like spinach and ricotta canneolni with garlic bread. Its simple enough to appeal to the kids but done well tastes really fabulous and will convince people you have slaved over it all day :)
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    lasagne and garlic bread and easy trifle, cheap jelly and hm custard with cream on top and coloured sprinkles on top
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• buxtonrabbitgreen
    Options
    How about stew and dumplings or toad in the hole both easy to do fairly large amounts. Though the weather is supposed to be a lot better by saturday so maybe quiche and salad.
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
  • fizzel81
    fizzel81 Posts: 1,623 Forumite
    Options
    second lasagne idea or a large pasta bake
    DFW nerd club number 039 :p 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' :money: i will be debt free aug 2010

2008 live on 4k +cb £6,247.98/£6282.80 :T
    sealed pot 2670g
    2009 target £4k + cb £643.89:eek: /£6412.80
  • Robothell
    Robothell Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spag bol with homemade garlic bread? You can get some sundried tomatoes in Lidl and add them to the mix.....really tasty.

Cannot beat a good trifle for dessert as a general crowd pleaser, make sure there's a good dash of sherry in it though!
    Life in this world is, as it were, a sojourn in a cave. What can we know of reality? For all we can see of the true nature of existence is, shall we say, no more than bewildering and amusing shadows cast upon the inner wall of the cave by the unseen blinding light of absolute truth, from which we may or may not deduce some glimmer of veracity, and we as troglodyte seekers of wisdom can only lift our voices to the unseen and say humbly "Go on, do deformed rabbit again.....it's my favourite". © Terry Pratchett in "Small Gods"

Founder member of the Barry Scott Appreciation Society
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'd do tuna pasta bake or spag bol with a huge garlic bread.. or a traditional roast dinner.

And I HATE trifle with a passion.. I'd make a sponge cake and have ice cream on standby.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • lilac_lady
    lilac_lady Posts: 4,469 Forumite
    Options
    Shepherds Pie is always popular and can be prepared in advance. Ice cream and HM fruit crumble for pudding.
    " The greatest wealth is to live content with little."

Plato

• ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    :P to pigpen, i lurve trifle!!!!
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure