PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

You know you're OS when...

Options
You know you're OS when...

(1) You ask a relative to go shopping for you and they bring back 2 bottles of vinegar despite it not being on this week's list. 'But of course she'll want this, she wants it every other week...'

(2) You offer to take the children out to McD's for a rare treat but instead of delighted faces, they just turn round and say they'd "rather have something from the slow cooker"

(3) You go out with OH for an even rarer meal out (obviously can afford this due to savings made due to OS being cheaper cooking) and as the meal progresses OH's smile become more and more of a grimmace. Then at the end of the meal OH points out that you've spent most of the meal complimenting the food but explaining how you could "make it at home for nothing" ("with a small aubergine" as Goodness Gracious me told us all)

:D

Comments

• Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You know when.....

your mother and her friends, in their 70's, compliment you on how you do things and in fact sometimes laugh at the fact that you've gone back to using the 'old fashioned' methods and products.

and you know when it's good that you're OS because your neighbour is telling her friends that her kids are recommending your cooking to their friends because you 'cook real food', there's always plenty of it and the kids start loving their veggies :D
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    When your eldest daughter (5yrs)...............looks in her wardrobe in the morning, and says "mum can i wear this dress today", or do you NEED it for ebay !
  • Gingham_Ribbon
    Gingham_Ribbon Posts: 31,520 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Zziggi wrote:
    (3) You go out with OH for an even rarer meal out (obviously can afford this due to savings made due to OS being cheaper cooking) and as the meal progresses OH's smile become more and more of a grimmace. Then at the end of the meal OH points out that you've spent most of the meal complimenting the food but explaining how you could "make it at home for nothing" ("with a small aubergine" as Goodness Gracious me told us all)

:D

This made me laugh! My hubbie is a huge pizza addict. Nothing but Dominos would do but now he turns his nose up and says he'd rather have ours. We used to regularly spend about £20 on pizza night but now we spend about £2.
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
  • Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    Options
    potogold wrote:
    When your eldest daughter (5yrs)...............looks in her wardrobe in the morning, and says "mum can i wear this dress today", or do you NEED it for ebay !

love it! :rotfl:
  • Bargainloverbec
    Options
    When you go round to a friend's for a birthday dinner.... and at the crucial birthday cake cutting moment ask if anyone else minds you taking the ribbon from round the cake so you can 'make something with it'.

Oops.
  • ancasta_2
    ancasta_2 Posts: 951 Forumite
    Options
    You know your OS when someone compliments you on your perfume and you say its white vinegar and lemon juice.

You know your OS when you rummage round the sales looking for Ebay and Amazon rather than ME ME ME ME.

I know *IM* old style when my mam and gran says shes proud of me and the way i run my house
  • Loadsabob
    Loadsabob Posts: 662 Forumite
    Options
    I know I'm Old Style when, if I haven't made bread, I have to find something else to take for lunch...I seem to have reached the point where I forget bread can be bought in shops. Blimey!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure