Minigal's debt free diary

Options
Moved into big house. Took out massive mortgage. Need to renovate said house. Earn good money. Only thing is, owe nearly 30000, 20k of which is on 15.9% APR at the moment, the other 10 is loan from my dear old mum, and that debt is interest free, but I really want to pay her back ASAP. I m going to be asking for a lot of help and advice from you guys on this! Always been a bit of a div with money, have never budgetted and have always bought exactly what I want (usually lots, usually expensive), always bought the kids everything they want (again, lots and expensive). My one saving grace is that my husband is not materialistic at all, so I will not need to work on him at all. Oh, the other one is that I can cook quite good food on a budget......not that I ever have in the past, but hey! Am starting here and now!
Thanks

Total debt: £27, 552

Comments

• tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,749 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi. If you put up your SOA then people will be able to advise on ways to cut back. Also look on the Old Style board for loads of meal ideas.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure