PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Slow Living 2024 - Doing It Old Style!

Options
leftatthetrafficlights
leftatthetrafficlights Posts: 1,482 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
edited 20 December 2023 at 3:39AM in Old style MoneySaving
It's a bit early to be starting this thread but it's the last day of 2023 that I will have the time so I'm doing it now! 

I have decided that 2024 is going to be the opportunity to put into practice all the things that I have thought about, wanted to do and dabbled with in 2023. I have a few diaries on the forum which touch on these but I thought that it's a good time to bring them all together and save updating time!! 😉

So, slow living - for me it's about living a frugal, seasonal, low waste, low buy, sustainable, vegan, healthy, immersive and mindful lifestyle. 

It's about introducing frugal and healthy routines that support that aim (I have very recently realised that routines are the enemy of procrastination - total LBM and has only taken over half a century to come to!! 🙄🤦‍♀️) and utilising my 'down time' to nurture myself, connect with the things that are important to me and be present in my life. 

2023 has been a fraught year for me for a number of reasons and it has brought into sharp focus that living a life I love is the most important thing I can do for both myself and my family. Time and health are the most precious commodities we have and I want to celebrate both while I still have them. 

ETA: I have deleted a couple of posts as they were basically me 'thinking out loud' and too long winded and detailed for a thread!! 😳😂

Tilly Tidy Fund 2024: £66.09/£100

Weight loss challenge 2024:
4/24lbs
1st quarter starting weight: 9st 13.1lb
2nd quarter starting weight: 9st 9.2lb
3rd quarter starting weight: 
4th quarter starting weight:

GC 2024 - Annual Target: £2712- Running total:£629.12/£2712
Monthly Target: £226
Jan: £74.12; Feb: £300; Mar: £190; Apr: £65; May: £; Jun: £; Jul: £; Aug: £; Sep: £; Oct: £; Nov: £; Dec: £

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure