Stolen goods being sold, police aren't interested

joeypesci
joeypesci Posts: 670
First Post First Anniversary
Forumite
edited 22 September 2023 at 2:38AM in I wanna buy it or do it
Local ahole round corner has been selling stolen Airpods recently, even advertising on Facebook as an "unwanted gift" yet have spotted several being sold. Spoken to the local police who've said they are understaffed, they are low value items and as there is no known victim so they aren't pursuing it.

I was going to report the account on Facebook but not sure if that is even going to do anything. As the Airpods can't be remote disable that wouldn't solve anything either.

I guess the only other idea is to report to the local MP as they maybe interested that the police aren't interested.

Comments

• cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 4,880
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    joeypesci said:
    Local ahole round corner has been selling stolen Airpods recently, even advertising on Facebook as an "unwanted gift" yet have spotted several being sold. Spoken to the local police who've said they are understaffed, they are low value items and as there is no known victim so they aren't pursuing it.

I was going to report the account on Facebook but not sure if that is even going to do anything. As the Airpods can't be remote disable that wouldn't solve anything either.

I guess the only other idea is to report to the local MP as they maybe interested that the police aren't interested.

How do you know they are actually stolen? (I'm sure it's likely they are from your local knowledge - but how can you prove they are stolen?)

Unless someone is missing them - and the two can be linked - there's not much of a case to go on.

The whole area around retail crime/shoplifting (if that's how they're getting them) really needs some urgent resources thrown at it - the losses being experienced by retailers are reaching daft proportions at the moment - and those committing the crimes know that it's very unlikely anyone will catch them, never mind lock them away and throw away the key.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure