Training OH's

Options
Cmon guys and gals, how do we get those pesky OH's to conform and stop wasting all our hard earned wad?

My tips would include:

Repetition - constantly going on about money and repeating i cant afford it or what a waste of money eventually wears them down to the point of giving up :)

Rewording - a Cheap night in or whatever is not money saving, its being romantic, also cooking together instead of takeaway is now classes as "something to do together"

erm im sure more will come later.

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nag incessantly :confused:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Which I think will be translated in men speak to: nagging, miserable and whining, now wants me to stay with her indoors and CHAT dammit ... can't wait to get out of the house down the pub and sink a few pints before getting a curry with the lads.
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    NagLogo.gif
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • SarahNeedle1872
    Options
    Nagging seems to work for me..... plus refusing to hand over any money when he runs out..... which is usually quite quickly!
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Reusing things is - being more green/more environment friendly ;)

That includes:-
    washing up the food/freezer bags and re-using them (as long as they haven't had raw meat in)
    turning lights off
    keeping heating on low and putting extra layers on

Also - not buying expensive junk food, takeaways and fizzy drinks - is being healthy :D
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • pania
    pania Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Options
    i don't have a clue, mine is stuck faster than concrete and doesn't want to change!! grrr, however the purse is now closed for good and i feel he will very soon have his own lightbulb moment!! i'd say just don't hand over the money, and praise and reward when they are doing well!! OH wanted to spend £40 on a christmas gift for grandparents, took him out and he got a lovely pressie for half that!! so education as well I guess is a way forward.
    debt @05/11/11 £12210.63!! slowly chipping away!!
    :heart2:impossible is nothing.:heart2:
  • lindsaygalaxy
    Options
    I have problems with mine and wasting energy! Constantly going around turning things off that are on standbuy, lights off, things out of the tumble dryer...

AHHHHH, I have tried the above, and all that happens is a trip to the pub, meaning a waste of money. I wonder...could the briabary of s*x work???
    £2 Savers club £0/£150
    1p a day £/
  • OliveOyl_2
    OliveOyl_2 Posts: 3,506 Forumite
    Options
    I was that OH who was late(r) getting a LBM. :o

My OH didn't nag at all (yes he is a saint). But occasionally sighed which is somehow worse.

However my LBM arrived, and now I'm the one with the bit between my teeth, rising to challenges, economising and clicking and trying to bring that DFD ever nearer. He's cooler about it (seven years to get into this mess and you want to get out in One? Three will be good enough)

I don't know if I'd have got there faster if he'd nagged though :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport